Change 'Forums' display on home page

mesteele101

Thanks but anyway to REMOVE it?

​Not so easy. That headline comes from a global template which affects all other apps as well. 
It’s also the main h1 headline of the page, so in terms of SEO, it’s not a bad idea to leave that in there and possibly give it another useful name if you don’t like the repetition of just “Forum”. 

Thanks but anyway to REMOVE it?

​Add this to your theme's custom.css file:

body[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagelocation=front][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=index] .ipsPageHeader 
{
    display:none;
}

ANYWAY TO MAKE THAT AREA SMALLER? TOO MUCH HEIGHT

​Similar methodology:

body[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagelocation=front][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=index] .ipsPageHeader 
{
    margin-bottom: 5px;
}
body[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagelocation=front][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=index] .ipsType_pageTitle 
{
    font-size: 20px;
}

They actually did a really good job of letting you target any specific page with CSS. :D

{
}

​Similar methodology:

{
}
body[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagelocation=front][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=index] .ipsType_pageTitle 
{
}

They actually did a really good job of letting you target any specific page with CSS. :D

The default theme, I'm having a problem finding a custom.css file?​

{
}

​Similar methodology:

{
}
{
}

​Thank you.

​Would you have the time and or be willing to tutor on the above methodology?  For the most part, I want to keep my site fairly close to what is out of the box with a few tweaks here and there, similar to the ladder tweak you showed.  I am familiar http://www.w3schools.com/ and use it a little bit.  I know some html and css.  I studied your example here http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_attribute_value.asp

and I get that.  I am a little lost here:

I think, I could pin point a few questions, and perhaps try it on another page or two and then begin to figure it out, of course with a few more question.^_^

​I know this sounds like plan English to you and many other, but I could find a few question in the above statement.  If interested, you can PM me.  Oh- and there is no huge hurry, a day or two response in between questions and answers is fine.  My site will not be live until some time after 4.0 is live.

Thank you,

{
}

​Similar methodology:

{
}
{
}

​  

<body class="ipsApp ipsApp_front ipsClearfix ipsJS_has ipsApp_noTouch" data-controller="core.front.core.app" data-message="" data-pageapp="forums" data-pagelocation="front" data-pagemodule="forums" data-pagecontroller="topic" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/WebSite">

this is the body tag for this topic page.

one could just use:

.ipsAppFront[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=topic] .ipsPageHeader 

to target all topic view titles as a result.

if chrome is daily driver, inspect element in context menu and debug tools is inbuilt. if firefox, get firebug. if IE, hit f12, in-built.

<body class="ipsApp ipsApp_front ipsClearfix ipsJS_has ipsApp_noTouch" data-controller="core.front.core.app" data-message="" data-pageapp="forums" data-pagelocation="front" data-pagemodule="forums" data-pagecontroller="topic" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/WebSite">

this is the body tag for this topic page.

one could just use:

.ipsAppFront[data-pageapp=forums][data-pagemodule=forums][data-pagecontroller=topic] .ipsPageHeader 

to target all topic view titles as a result.

if chrome is daily driver, inspect element in context menu and debug tools is inbuilt. if firefox, get firebug. if IE, hit f12, in-built.

​Wow- firebug inspect element and there it is.   Even I can play around with this and probably do what I want, the key word there is probably.   Thank you a lot, Marcher!!!  Now, I have a new toy.  I will enjoy playing with it.

Archived