Going backwards

Square Wheels

I "upgraded" to RC5 last night, I cannot believe the number of errors I am getting.  I submitted some of these as a ticket, but here are just a few of the issues I am having.

Many people have reported these errors, almost all of them in IE.

• If you open Notifications all you see is the spinner. IE or Chrome.
  • If you click Sign Up in IE, you get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::register() in/home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.phpon line 142
  • If you go to a forum and select a different page it just leaves you on page 1, then eventually goes back to the forum homepage.
  • If you are reading a post and click the Sign in at the bottom, a pop-up opens and you get this message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::login() in/home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/login.phpon line 97
  • If you are reading a post and click the Register a new account i goes to this: 
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::register() in/home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.phpon line 142
  • When not logged in if you click the banner you see: Error code: EX126,then if you click existing user sign in, you get this: Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::login() in/home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/login.phpon line 97
  • If you click on Notification Settings from the dropdown you get error EX2.  Below that it has a link for COntact Us, i you click that you get Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::contact() in /home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/contact/contact.php on line 73
  • If you click the COntact Us at the bottom of any page the popup opens and displays: Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::contact() in /home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/contact/contact.php on line 73
  • It seems no one with an iphone or ipad can log in any longer, they weren't specific but they all say they get an error.
  • From reports from users, almost all of them, no matter the device being used, are getting errors performing almost any function.
  • Clicking Privacy Policy at the bottom give you: Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system::privacy() in /home/squarewh/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/privacy.php on line 45

I have two sites, the one I upgraded is fairly popular, but a play site.  The other is a professional site.  I wish I could go back, but I would lose far too much data.  I don't know when I'll feel safe upgrading the professional site, probably 4.1 or maybe 4.2.

I know you guys are trying, but this is a real mess.

Archived