• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, ToeJam said:

Does this work for 4.3?

Mostly.

However if you try to use the gallery block, it's broken.

The light box fails if you try clicking left or right, I posted this to support...

Hi All,

I would like to report a bug with the Gallery on 4.3 and the Image Feed.

I am using the Portal add in and have installed the Gallery Image Feed on the main page.

If you load a picture and click on the right icon, it loads then the light box appears to crash out.  This does not happen if the feed is on the Forum page at the top.  This also didn't break like this on the older version of the board.

Repeatable steps are:

1. Login.

2. Click on the portal.

3. Click on any image on the Gallery Image Feed.

4. Click on the RIGHT arrow and watch the lightbox crash out.

Thank you.

...they replied back...

Hello,

If this is only happening on 'portal' you would need to contact the author of that application. We would not assist with bugs on other 3rd party applications unfortunately. 

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

...I was stunned at their response when it's code they've broken.  The Blocks Module should work anywhere.

I responded back...

Wow !  What an amazing failure of duty or customer care. 

You have been given repeatable steps that show you a problem ( that was not present ) on your earlier code - I would have expected such a lightweight and impotent response from something that was free, but my god - for the cost you charge us for this - this is just pathetic !

I work in a testing enviorment and if a customer came to use and notified us something broken in our code that we had broken between upgrades, you know we would show a slight concern.  This is not a bug - this is something that's clearly broken by your upgrade from the 4.2x stream to the 4.3 stream.

I am not even mad at you for the reply, I just feel sorry that a customer gives you all the information to help and like weak coders - you bury your heads in the sand "not my problem Gov !".

Thank you for representing your company in such a great way.  I'll be sharing the response with my membership in due course.

...followed by...

What makes this even more funny, is it's the "Blocks" module for the "Gallery" that you Invasion provided and when told of a problem - you just don't care. ?

If I had a customer that gave them 100% repeatable steps, I think I would be happy !

LOL - not this bunch of support people.

Edited by DesertIslandFruits
1 hour ago, Jamer said:

So in the absence of the gallery app, the portal will work okay for now? 

It fully works with gallery app on 4.3.x

18 hours ago, DesertIslandFruits said:

Mostly.

The light box fails if you try clicking left or right, I posted this to support...

...they replied back...

...I was stunned at their response when it's code they've broken.  The Blocks Module should work anywhere.

I responded back...

...followed by...

If I had a customer that gave them 100% repeatable steps, I think I would be happy !

LOL - not this bunch of support people.

Not sure why believe IPS will fix third party app for you ! but not broken fully work perfectly 

41 minutes ago, Pete T said:

It fully works with gallery app on 4.3.x

Not sure why believe IPS will fix third party app for you ! but not broken fully work perfectly 

Well for the simple, let me help you.

IPS release an block that can be put on whatever pages you want.

The AUTHOR of the block is IPS.

The block is not working as it used to - so you lket them know.

I am not asking them to fix the portal, I am telling them that their block has errors.

Edited by DesertIslandFruits
6 minutes ago, DesertIslandFruits said:

Well for the simple, let me help you.

IPS release an block that can be put on whatever pages you want.

The AUTHOR of the block is IPS.

The block is not working as it used to - so you lket them know.

I am not asking them to fix the portal, I am telling them that their block has errors.

Again not understanding many app could use different code then the core so if you report a bug that using IPS block and works in IPS core and not on third party IPS will send you back to the dev. This because core files worked fine on the core example forum, blog etc and not in the third party app like your example in your post but back on topic the portal works fine for me with gallery feed like does with forum app.

Edited by Pete T
On 4/28/2018 at 2:33 AM, DesertIslandFruits said:

I don't have a subscription to the Gallery app but if you can provide acp access to a site with both the gallery and portal installed. I may be able to see what's wrong on the Portal's end. Even better would be ftp access to look through potential source code issues.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mike,

I have several blocks which are working fine but now when I add a block it is not appearing, can you advise is there a limit to how many blocks I can add? How do I add another block? I have created a new block which appears within the widgets under edit, but I do not want to edit an existing block I want to add another block below some of the others, if that makes sense, any advice appreciated. I am using the latest version of IPS

Edited by Jamer
22 hours ago, Jamer said:

I have several blocks which are working fine but now when I add a block it is not appearing, can you advise is there a limit to how many blocks I can add? How do I add another block? I have created a new block which appears within the widgets under edit, but I do not want to edit an existing block I want to add another block below some of the others, if that makes sense, any advice appreciated. I am using the latest version of IPS

There shouldn't be a limit unless perhaps has a limit on the widget areas itself. If you removed one of the existing widgets, can you then add the one your trying to add? Just how many exactly are we talking about and I'll try and reproduce this locally?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have 13 portal blocks running down the right side of the portal but I am unable to add anymore at the end however, I have found a workaround by dragging the new portal block in-between existing ones and that seems to work. I have the who is online widget at the end and I wanted to add another after this but I cannot. I can live with it 🙂

Keep up the good work it is all appreciated. 

Edited by Jamer
  • 1 month later...

Actually there is a small problem.

All the blocks from ACP are gone?

I tried to reinstall portal several times, they dont come back.

I'm looking for "latest posts" block that will take users to latest unread post in a thread.

Can I fix it somehow or download the custom blocks alone from other location?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I downloaded the Portal 2 times today, but I cannot find the TAR file to install it. I've searched the folders and subfolders, but no TAR File?

I got my Invision Community 4.3.6 somedays ago, so I´m new to this software. something I'm doing wrong or am I just blind not finding the TAR File?

regards,

ray

EDIT: Problem solved

194716371_PortalFolders.PNG.f120a513ca49aab8c484cfd904106930.PNG1626217195_portalsubfolders.PNG.b32a1e0ed682200bc0ede5e980eb1979.PNG

Edited by RayWolf
  • 1 month later...

@Mike John firstly, hi, thanks for this upload. Just tested it, seems to be working fine on 3.4.6, but there is one thing that i need to know. Is there any chance to have instead of simple text without formatting, already formatted text?

EDIT: Fixed it. Turned off content truncating. But still, i'm wondering if there is any chance to output formatted text, which is truncated.?

Edited by ~Jakso.`
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 10:55 PM, RayWolf said:

I downloaded the Portal 2 times today, but I cannot find the TAR file to install it. I've searched the folders and subfolders, but no TAR File?

This should be a bit more clear in the latest version which only includes the tar and readme files.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, ~Jakso.` said:

EDIT: Fixed it. Turned off content truncating. But still, i'm wondering if there is any chance to output formatted text, which is truncated.?

Do you have many themes installed? There might be a patch I can give you for now but it would need to be applied to every theme.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:23 PM, ~Jakso.` said:

No, i'm using only Edoba theme.

If you open your acp > theme editor > portal > front > browse > topicRow

Find:

<div data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='{setting="portal_topic_truncate"} lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' class='ipsType_medium ipsType_richText' >
        					{$topic->truncated( TRUE )|raw}
        				</div>

Replace With:

<div data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='{setting="portal_topic_truncate"} lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='hide' class='ipsType_medium ipsType_richText' >
                            {$topic->content()|raw}
        				</div>

Save. That will keep the truncate but show full rich text still.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...