Editing and displaying HTML in the forums is...

mesteele101

I have a 2000 line tutorial created with HTML, and the reside in forum topics that are pinned, and closed to replies. I'm the only one that has HTML access.

I made the conversion from 3.x to 4.0RC without a hitch. Now I'm testing the editor.

IE11: Opening the topic to edit I select 'Source', the HTML that was displayed turns into one continuous post. This will make it extremely hard to edit. It appears the editor is not seeing and acting on anything in the HTML text for a line break, so it just puts all the text together.

FF: Loading the same document into the editor, there is a completely different text output when I hit the 'Source' button. It is no where near correct in the display by there are some line breaks showing up.

Why should FF and IE be showing different text when editing the source code?

Also the editor is adding <p> </p> and &nbsp; when there was none in the original code, and those are the only three I noticed.

Why should FF and IE be showing different text when editing the source code?

Also the editor is adding <p> </p> and &nbsp; when there was none in the original code, and those are the only three I noticed.

​Please define what is "different"

CKEditor will convert spaces to &nbsp; (there was probably a space that you didn't notice) and line breaks to paragraph tags (<p> </p>). It will also convert symbols such as ©. Both these are good things but take some getting used.

Archived