(NB40) Recent Topics/Posts

I just upgraded to 4.1.10 and this block is no longer filtering based in the forums I choose, no matter what I seem to choose - any suggestions? I checked to see if it was updated but I already have 1.04...

Tried disabling and enabling, as well as re-adding blocks. Default IPB blocks are filtering based on forums without issue so I'm confused :-(

Edited by Shawn Tierney
1 minute ago, Shawn Tierney said:

I just upgraded to 4.1.10 and this block is no longer filtering based in the forums I choose, no matter what I seem to choose - any suggestions?

Tried disabling and enabling, as well as re-adding blocks. Default IPB blocks are filtering based on forums without issue so I'm confused :-(

Hello,

Show plugin settings

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Currently it is not very clear when there are read vs unread new posts/replies (looks like it is bold vs not - but that is hard for me to see).  What would I need to do to either highlight the container that the unread content is in, or show the "unread" icon next to the row (like it is in the forum).

I have your 3.4.x version and it is like this for read (top 2) vs unread (bottom 1)

2capture.PNG

Or if it could just show the theme unread icon like this:

1Capture.PNG

That would be helpful too.  Any and all help that you can provide would be awesome.

Thank you,

almax

3 hours ago, almax said:

That would be helpful too.  Any and all help that you can provide would be awesome.

Hello again.

I checked and topic/post have indicator. It's css class ipsDataItem_unread

See screenshot

read.jpg

I added into custom.css

.ipsWidget[data-blockid*="_nbRecentTopicsPosts_"] li.ipsDataItem {
    background: #00ff00;
}
.ipsWidget[data-blockid*="_nbRecentTopicsPosts_"] li.ipsDataItem.ipsDataItem_unread {
    background: #ff4000;
}

Result

unread.jpg

Essential Russian translation strings:
nb_tab_rtp_p_posted
опубликовал %s

nb_tab_rtp_go_post
Перейти

nb_tab_rtp_t_started
cоздал %s

nb_tab_rtp_view_topic
Перейти

Edited by Safety1st
1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

You can do it yourself.

While I did not post that.  Would it be possible to maybe have these two possibilities ('Add Unread Marker' and 'Highlight Unread' (with a hex color code field or color picker)) added as a UI option in a future release.  I don't mind editing the the lines to get it working that way for my own site, but I could see it being a feature that others here would like that don't necessarily have that knowledge.

Just now, newbie LAC said:

I think no. There are many skins with different colors. Dark, light, red, green etc. One 'Highlight Unread' color for all will not look good

That is why I added the "with a hex color code field or color picker" so the user could just select their own color of choice.

Just now, ABGenc said:

@newbie LAC that is what @almax is trying to tell. If a color picker or hex color code field is selection is given to user he/she can choose or write the suitable color code according to the theme used.

Hello,

Widgets do not depend on the chosen theme. 1 widget for all themes.

In this case 5 skins = 5 pickers, 10 skins = 10 pickers etc

1 minute ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Widgets do not depend on the chosen theme. 1 widget for all themes.

In this case 5 skins = 5 pickers, 10 skins = 10 pickers etc

I get your point, you are right but there are also several sites ( like mine ) who prefer to run a single theme made default which this option can easily work. 

17 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

I added your code to theme's custom.css. But it must be done for each installed theme. Is there a way to add code once and for all themes simultaneously?

Try to add css into widget

plugins/nb40recenttopicsposts/widgets/nbRecentTopicsPosts.php

/* Return */
		return $this->output($topics, $posts, $selectedTab, $tabs, $firstTab, $this->configuration, $this->uniqueKey, $widgetTitle);

change to 

$css .= <<<CSS
<style>
.ipsWidget[data-blockid*="_nbRecentTopicsPosts_"] li.ipsDataItem.ipsDataItem_unread .ipsDataItem_title:before {
    content: '\\f111';
    font-family: 'FontAwesome';
    font-size: 9px;
    margin-right: 3px;
}
</style>
CSS;
		/* Return */
		return $this->output($topics, $posts, $selectedTab, $tabs, $firstTab, $this->configuration, $this->uniqueKey, $widgetTitle) . $css;