(NB40) Recent Topics/Posts

Hi @newbie LAC is it possible to add Exclude Forum option ? Cause I need this block and also need to put it by an exclution option. I have a forum that ppl introduce themselves and I dont want them to be seen in this block.

I know it is not possible with most of the widgets but can it be used twice on the same sidebar ? :) 

Just now, ABGenc said:

Hi @newbie LAC is it possible to add Exclude Forum option ? Cause I need this block and also need to put it by an exclution option. I have a forum that ppl introduce themselves and I dont want them to be seen in this block.

I know it is not possible with most of the widgets but can it be used twice on the same sidebar ? :) 

Hello,

1. You can use setting "Include forums". Don't select the forum.

2. Currently no.

10 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

1. You can use setting "Include forums". Don't select the forum.

2. Currently no.

I am aware but to unselect a few forums I need to select over 100 forums. That is not fair :D  I believe it would be really helpful to have that option.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎.‎11‎.‎2015 at 5:29 PM, Joey_M said:

Newbie - Can you help me make the 'replies' omit the same topic? By this I mean show the latest reply to the same discussion once.

Currently it shows the same topic, 3 times because people are responding to the latest discussion. I'd just like to tweak it so that it encourages replies to others, as it could list the same topic if enough people respond.

@newbie LAC Could you include that option to stock plugin?

Just now, Safety1st said:

@newbie LAC Emergency case! :smile:

I use option Go TOLast unread post. But reading are not tracked for Guests so they always jump to 1st post of topic. As a result they just can't benefit from widget almost at all :(

Could you make a change in order to unregistered users always use Last post option?

Hello,

Open template nbRecentTopicsPosts. (ACP - Customization - Themes - You skin - core - global - plugins)

Find 

{{if $config['nb_tab_top_pos_rowpt'] and $config['nb_tab_top_pos_gotop'] == 'unread'}}

Change to 

{{if member.member_id and $config['nb_tab_top_pos_rowpt'] and $config['nb_tab_top_pos_gotop'] == 'unread'}}

Just now, Joey_M said:

@newbie LAC - Where do you place the | within the new template?

Recent Topics | Posts

I can't figure out how to safely add it.

Hello,

You can use custom titles for "Recent Topics | Posts".

Or edit template 

Find 

{$widgetTitle['nb_tab_top_pos_title_' . $key]}</span>

Change to 

{$widgetTitle['nb_tab_top_pos_title_' . $key]}</span>{{if $firstTab == $key}} &#124; {{endif}}

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon newbie LAC,

I just purchased, installed, and set up your block and I have to say it's awesome!

I also ran into something that gave me an idea for feature addition: an option to deny viewing of a block to anyone belonging to certain groups.

If this is something you would consider adding, if it makes it into the your block I'll send you a paypal donation of twice the current cost of the mod in appreciation of your hard work!

The reason I've asked for this feature is that all my members are in the "members" primary group, and they all see a recent topics block pulling from all forums. Now, using your block and another add-on, when a member chooses a secondary group like Football, they also see another recent topics block with just Football topics! However, because they will always be in the primary "members" group, they do still see the original all topics block as well :-( That is, unless there was some way of denying anyone in the Football secondary group from viewing the all forums block, hence my feature request :-)

Well thanks either way,

Shawn Tierney

8 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Secondary?

Condition: hide block from users if they have selected groups as secondary. Right?

Yes! 

Since all members are part of the same primary group "members", when they choose a secondary group like "Football" I want to hide my default "all forums" recent topics/posts block, even though their primary group allows viewing it.

So the condition "hide block from users if they have selected groups as secondary" would be perfect, as I could make the default "all forums" block disappear when they join the Football, Racing, or other groups!

Edited by Shawn Tierney
Just now, EmpireKickAss said:

GOOODDDDD plugin, so instead off post feed and topic feed, it's both together. 

From the image, the tabs needs improving, aren't easy to see and members won't know how it works. maybe change the CSS around like colors so it looks more like tabs

dsdsdsds.PNG

Hello,

On default skin tabs looks like style2.jpg.e6cf111652006b35d40a4acfd1a0b

Just now, EmpireKickAss said:

maybe change the CSS around like colors

There are many themes (dark, light, etc.) and I can't do it for all

In any case, you can change the style editing css.