(NB40) Recent Topics/Posts

8 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Find

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, \null, $limitTopics, 'read', $visibilityt, 0, \null, \true, \false, \false, \false, \null, \false, $joinTags);

change to 

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, \null, $limitTopics, \null, $visibilityt, 0, \null, \true, \false, \false, \false, \null, \false, $joinTags);

Find

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, \null, $limitPosts, 'read', $visibilityp);

change to 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, \null, $limitPosts, \null, $visibilityp, 0, \null, \true);

Thank you for the quick response. Just updated according to your code changes above but it still shows blank for guests. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 9.02.23 AM.png

EDIT: Nevermind, it took about 5 mins to shows. I guess it was a caching issue. Sorry. Thank you, works great and great support!

Edited by iancassel
worked
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently updated to IPS v4.4 and I updated the app at the same time. Since then I noticed the posts and topics takes 5 minutes to show/update in the widget. 

I understand this in link to an option in the Admin CP > Advanced Setting > Host Environment > Header, footer and sidebar cache. If I set the cache to the minimum, which is 1 min, then the widget takes 1 min to refresh. 

This is new behaviour on my website, the widget used to refresh immediatly (if i've read a message or topic it would immediatly appeared as read in the widget). 

Would you please have any recommandation on how I could get things back to the way they were ?

Hello,

3 minutes ago, pavero said:

This is new behaviour on my website, the widget used to refresh immediatly (if i've read a message or topic it would immediatly appeared as read in the widget). 

Would you please have any recommandation on how I could get things back to the way they were ?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

3 minutes ago, Rob Fielding said:

Is there any way of using this block externally in the same way you can use the default widgets on non-InVision pages. Like this - 

1. Open xml file

Find 

embeddable=""

Change to 

embeddable="1"

Save the file

2. Reinstall the plugin

You will be able create custom block in Pages

On 4/25/2019 at 8:19 AM, newbie LAC said:

I can add a setting to exclude clubs content

Hello. 
I would like the topics only from Public clubs and Open clubs appear in recent topics / posts (from Closed clubs and  Private clubs, only for members).
It's possible?

On 6/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, newbie LAC said:

Not with current version

I think the most convenient solution with clubs is to do the same as posts and topics (Include clubs and Exclude clubs), without dividing into Public, Open, Closed and Private clubs.

Hello,

Just now, Anton Nikolaykin said:

I think the most convenient solution with clubs is to do the same as posts and topics (Include clubs and Exclude clubs), without dividing into Public, Open, Closed and Private clubs.

recent.thumb.jpg.41835d9ae9bf937b748d34eee34737b2.jpg

All. Show topics/posts from forums and clubs

Forums. Show topics/posts from forums no matter which clubs you choose in the Include forums/clubs

Clubs. Show topics/posts from clubs no matter which forums you choose in the Include forums/clubs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...