(NB40) Recent Topics/Posts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, PrettyPixels said:

@newbie LAC - I love this block. 🙂 Can you please tell me if it works with IPS 4.4? If not, do you plan to update it?

Hello,

Works without new feature https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/44-6-new-micro-features-r1118/

Widget display settings
One of the most popular features we've added to the front end in recent times is the drag and drop widgets.

We see these used on almost every site we visit.

A popular request, though, was to be able to hide them from specific devices. By default, the sidebars appear under the main content when viewed on a smaller device such as a phone.

There may be times where you wish to show a block for those on tablets and desktops, but remove it for phones, so it doesn't take up precious retail space.

Happily, you can now do this on each block with 4.4.

I added it but I will wait 4.4 final to update the plugin on MP

If you need new setting open xml-file or \plugins\nb40recenttopicsposts\widgets\nbRecentTopicsPosts.php

find 

if ($form === null)
		{
			$form = new \IPS\Helpers\Form;
		}

change to 

$form = parent::configuration($form);

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, zerobit said:

thank you. unfortunately it does not work: it does not display anything: "this block cannot be shown. this could be because it needs..." cant read the error message as it is blocked by the edit button.

Hello,

Click on Edit button, configure the widget, save the settings, close the widgets panel, reload the page.

Edited by newbie LAC
1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Click on Edit button, configure the widget, save the settings, close the widgets panel, reload the page.

ofcourse i completed that before i submitted my post. ok, i had to enable who can view the block. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

7 hours ago, Jair - ForumRM said:

I would like the club topics not to appear in recent topics / posts and I can not find where to set this restriction.

There is no setting for that.

It's possible?

I can add a setting to exclude clubs content

See that in the Club settings, I placed to display the information related to this club only within it.

Read the description

Content areas are the forums, categories, etc. created by Club Owners in their clubs. Search results, activity streams and widgets which have their own filter controls are not affected by this setting.

Hello @newbie LAC

It would be nice even if you could add this feature. I was pretty quiet with the use, but I started using clubs and started to appear things I did not like in the created block.
Indeed, it was written there in the remarks. I had not reread that part you quoted.

Thank you in advance. As soon as I release new version I will update with certainty.

On 8/17/2015 at 2:32 PM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

You can change code

Find

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, null, $limitTopics);

Change to 

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, null, $limitTopics, null);

Find 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, null, $limitPosts);

Change to 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, null, $limitPosts, null);

Looks like the code changed in 1.0.9, how do I apply the above in the new version to let guests see topics/posts (titles only) that they don't have permission for?

23 minutes ago, iancassel said:

Looks like the code changed in 1.0.9, how do I apply the above in the new version to let guests see topics/posts (titles only) that they don't have permission for?

Hello,

Find

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, \null, $limitTopics, 'read', $visibilityt, 0, \null, \false, \false, \false, \false, \null, \false, $joinTags);

change to 

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, \null, $limitTopics, \null, $visibilityt, 0, \null, \true, \false, \false, \false, \null, \false, $joinTags);

Find

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, \null, $limitPosts, 'read', $visibilityp);

change to 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, \null, $limitPosts, \null, $visibilityp, 0, \null, \true);

Edited by newbie LAC