(NB40) Recent Topics/Posts

• 1 month later...

​Are you planning adding these features?

• Auto-refresh with AJAX every X time
  • Be able to position this block in the middle
  • Be able to activate deactivate the tabs we want to show (recent, replies, etc)

If so, count me in as a client ;)

​These are great addition to this plugin

Also would be nice if each tab has a separator or some sort (so you'd know which tab you're in

Edited by Bruce_man
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I am a 3.4 customer, preparing to upgrade to ipb4 and checking the availability of hooks and plugins before I upgrade. As an NB34 customer for "recent topics/posts", do I need to re-purchase the NB40 version?

Cheers

John

Hello,

Yes. This is new plugin. Every updated plugin (from hook 3.4 to plugin 4.0) done from the scratch

Edited by newbie LAC

Hello,

Yes. This is new plugin. Every updated plugin (from hook 3.4 to plugin 4.0) done from the scratch

Hello newbie,

I haven't updated to 4.0 yet as this hook is one I currently use on 3.8.  Will the one for 4.0 be available for each Forum page as well as the index page?  

Before moving to 4.0 I'm hoping that I can set up each forum page as we did before with with Replies / Posts above the RSS sidebar widget ( unique RSS feed for each forum page.

Hello, 

Now sidebar hook is a widget. You'll need drag-and-drop widget twice (for index page and for all forums). Although I have no idea why the block is needed in the pages of forums :)

Thanks,

Since I run a hockey forum I have members who login via bookmark to specific team forums.  By having the newest Topics / Posts on each Team Forum page it increases the number of page visits as a hot topic about another team or general forum may interest the member for additional conversation.

Since I run a hockey forum I have members who login via bookmark to specific team forums.  By having the newest Topics / Posts on each Team Forum page it increases the number of page visits as a hot topic about another team or general forum may interest the member for additional conversation.

Sure.

When I wrote message I thought "Widget with recent posts for current forum/category" :) So I was at a loss

How can I get these stats to display to guests? Even though I don't want guests to have actual access to the posts themselves, I would like them to see the titles in the recent topics/posts widget. Do I need to change all of the permissions on each forum and category?

Hello,

You can change code

Find

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, null, $limitTopics);

Change to 

$topics = \IPS\forums\Topic::getItemsWithPermission($whereTopics, null, $limitTopics, null);

Find 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, null, $limitPosts);

Change to 

$posts = \IPS\forums\Topic\Post::getItemsWithPermission($wherePosts, null, $limitPosts, null);