Featured Content for IPS4.x+

Just now, onlyME said:
11 minutes ago, kmk said:

I tryed, putting the url where is the images album, but not work, and my idea is, show images when each moderators or members upload images...

You gave the wrong image url, it's not the page url.

the image url will show one image right? or the url can list all images of the url?

Just now, onlyME said:

1 image, it's has the extension is jpg or png, gif....

oh, and is not the solution, because are images of album, more than one.

Continue with the resize container, I go to global template of the theme right?

YEs, you can try this code above <div id='ipsLayout_mainArea'>

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->module == "clubs" && \IPS\Request::i()->controller == "view"}}
<div style="width: 500px; align: center; margin: 0 auto;">
  {expression="\IPS\Application::load('featuredcontent')->show(1)" raw="true"}
</div>
{{endif}}
Edited by onlyME
9 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Yes, it's the code below the name. It's not {oisikata happy ...

@kmk just let you know I will update the selection for clubs in the next version :) 

n25T6x32SHq4UiNtmVaQ0g.png

Im happy hear that, thank you. I am trying to increase the container, but not thing after add code....

featured content support 9.PNG

2 minutes ago, kmk said:

Im happy hear that, thank you. I am trying to increase the container, but not thing after add code....

featured content support 9.PNG

The code will show the slider when viewing a club, and show(1) is slider's id. 

If you want to show slider in all clubs or clubs global page, just remove the condition \IPS\Request::i()->controller == "view"

• 3 weeks later...
  1. I added a stream (as admin) for the calendar in ACP -> Content Discovery -> Streams ("calendar stream")
  2. In the frontend, I opened the stream and copied the RSS URL of the stream.
  3. Then I created a "featured content" slider to import a RSS stream (=the newly generated calendar stream), and I inserted the RSS link.
  4. After inserting the widget in the frontend, I can't even select the newly generated slider, though it saved well. It isn't listed in the selection drop down field.

Why? I wanted to display calendar events as a slider with the according image and title.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  1. I added a stream (as admin) for the calendar in ACP -> Content Discovery -> Streams ("calendar stream")
  2. In the frontend, I opened the stream and copied the RSS URL of the stream.
  3. Then I created a "featured content" slider to import a RSS stream (=the newly generated calendar stream), and I inserted the RSS link.
  4. After inserting the widget in the frontend, I can't even select the newly generated slider, though it saved well. It isn't listed in the selection drop down field.

Why? I wanted to display calendar events as a slider with the according image and title.

Thanks.

Try to check slider's permissions. 

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 7:38 AM, onlyME said:

Try to check slider's permissions. 

Unfortunately, the permissions are correct, only guests are deactivated...

I also tried generating a new RSS feed in ACP -> Content Discovery -> RSS Feeds with all events in all calendars.

But that didn't help also.

If I create a new slider with different content, f.e. any downloads, it displays correct and I can select it in the frontend.

If I afterwards change the same slider settings back to the Calendar RSS Feed in the ACP, it is shown as "no contents" in the frontend.

Then I checked the RSS Stream, but it has the events as contents in it.

The slider just doesn't want to show the contents.

Edited by Cyboman
17 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Unfortunately, the permissions are correct, only guests are deactivated...

I also tried generating a new RSS feed in ACP -> Content Discovery -> RSS Feeds with all events in all calendars.

But that didn't help also.

If I create a new slider with different content, f.e. any downloads, it displays correct and I can select it in the frontend.

If I afterwards change the same slider settings back to the Calendar RSS Feed in the ACP, it is shown as "no contents" in the frontend.

Then I checked the RSS Stream, but it has the events as contents in it.

The slider just doesn't want to show the contents.

Ok, I will test the rss for calendar.

Hi

I try to add  different sliders to different forums by adding the URL to the page list, but when I add the second slider to a second forum, the first slider disappears from the first forum.

Is this a bug or as intended? Only one can by added per application?

Featured Content 4.1.29 on 4.1.19.4

Edited by amator
3 hours ago, amator said:

Hi

I try to add  different sliders to different forums by adding the URL to the page list, but when I add the second slider to a second forum, the first slider disappears from the first forum.

Is this a bug or as intended? Only one can by added per application?

Featured Content 4.1.29 on 4.1.19.4

Did you delete the first slider from second forum? Because forums have the same controller, you need 2 sliders although you are in other forums.