Jump to content
You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Featured Content for IPS4.x+


onlyME

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I am trying to create a list of the latest 10 topics for each category

I have created the slider

But when I go to add and save it on the category page it is not saving and I keep getting that default text "This block cannot be shown> This could be because it needs configuring etc etc......"

Any ideas or is it because I don't have a url filled out for On-the-fly Image Resizing URL as I didn't know this might be a requirement?

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I deleted the firs slider for gallery and now the forum one is saving

however it worked once and now when i click into a topic and back out I am left with just that spinning sun

Is this server intensive and if so how can I configure it so it loads quickly - i have had the spinning sun for a couple of minutes now and i notice server load is alot higher than normal

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I deleted the firs slider for gallery and now the forum one is saving

however it worked once and now when i click into a topic and back out I am left with just that spinning sun

Is this server intensive and if so how can I configure it so it loads quickly - i have had the spinning sun for a couple of minutes now and i notice server load is alot higher than normal

thanks

Hi,

Please show me the url.

About the On the fly URL setting, it's the url to a php script to resize and crop images. You can use cimage on my server for example (just copy the url at below the setting) or download setup cimage in your server

 https://invisionpower.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=71715

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiya.

I run my site in HTTPS

I used the image re-sizing script https://ipsviet.com/cimage/webroot/img.php?src={url}&w={width}&h={height}&cf&q=90 in the past, but https no longer works, If I run it with just http the page with the slider on do not load in https.

What options do I have with this ?

Wouldn't it be good if the slider did what forum images do and store it via the image proxy so always loads as https once resized?

Thoughts welcome ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Hiya.

I run my site in HTTPS

I used the image re-sizing script https://ipsviet.com/cimage/webroot/img.php?src={url}&w={width}&h={height}&cf&q=90 in the past, but https no longer works, If I run it with just http the page with the slider on do not load in https.

What options do I have with this ?

Wouldn't it be good if the slider did what forum images do and store it via the image proxy so always loads as https once resized?

Thoughts welcome ^_^

Hi,

My site does not support https, try to upload cimage to your hosting or use the url

//ipsviet.com/cimage/webroot/img.php?src={url}&w={width}&h={height}&cf&q=90

 

1 hour ago, Chris59 said:

I have try upgrade several times to newer version but am stock on v 4.1.12 
because the i only use one big slider. after upgrade it press right nav column out of the screen ... 


2016-09-14_14-04-33.jpg

Try to go ACP > Customization > Theme > click </> to edit your theme > CSS > featuredcontent > front > slider, then click Revert button.

15 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

Have updated to latest version and tried to create a feed from forum, however this does not appear work, the slider simply doesn't display.

If I change the get content from "Forum" to another source - example gallery it displays content OK.

any ideas?

Thanks.

 

 

 

Please show me your feed url.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

Have updated to latest version and tried to create a feed from forum, however this does not appear work, the slider simply doesn't display.

If I change the get content from "Forum" to another source - example gallery it displays content OK.

any ideas?

Thanks.

 

 

 

Same, I got it to work in the end by enabling Get last image in last post, Ignore items if no image, and sort by last updated.

Could we have an option where we can can ignore locked topics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Same, I got it to work in the end by enabling Get last image in last post, Ignore items if no image, and sort by last updated.

Could we have an option where we can can ignore locked topics?

I will add an option to ignore locked topics. Do you have the same problem when getting contents from forum feed (rss)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy