Featured Content for IPS4.x+

4 minutes ago, onlyME said:

You can add the readmore button, the views, descriptions by editting template bit and css. 

This app can get contents from RSS with image, link and title.

Ok create, if you can assist me here a little how to get such a result & at which parts in template bit/CSS, it would be perfect ;) then i will kick the carousel block from theme forum here away :devil:
Yours is much more professional in total ;)

11 minutes ago, m@t said:

Ok create, if you can assist me here a little how to get such a result & at which parts in template bit/CSS, it would be perfect ;) then i will kick the carousel block from theme forum here away :devil:
Yours is much more professional in total ;)

Yes, pm me so I can assist you.

Hi onlyME,

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread regarding trying to remove padding from below a slider. I have a Horizontal slider which I have disabled the pagers on and want to remove the gap, but for the life of me I cannot get rid of it after spending an hour in Chrome using Inspect.

Would you or anyone else in this thread be able to look at http://www.soc-aus.net/ and see if you can remove it?

Also is it possible to vertically align the text in the black bar to be centered? I tried vertical-align: but it doesn't seem to work with the text.

Thanks

Au0i2iw.png

Edited by Neej
5 minutes ago, Neej said:

Hi onlyME,

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread regarding trying to remove padding from below a slider. I have a Horizontal slider which I have disabled the pagers on and want to remove the gap, but for the life of me I cannot get rid of it after spending an hour in Chrome using Inspect.

Would you or anyone else in this thread be able to look at http://www.soc-aus.net/ and see if you can remove it?

Also is it possible to vertically align the text in the black bar to be centered? I tried vertical-align: but it doesn't seem to work with the text.

Thanks

Au0i2iw.png

I've noticed that "!important" is required throughout the CSS. I came across the padding and alignment issues because my sliders are in containers that have specific pixel dimensions. So I require all sides flush.

Do these work for you? You'll need to find and replace these codes.

.bx-wrapper {
	position: relative !important;
  	top:0px;
  	margin:0 !important;
	padding: 0 !important;
  	vertical-align:top !important;
}

.bx-wrapper img {
  	position:absolute !important;
  	top:-13px !important;
	max-width: 100% !important;
	max-height: 100% !important;
	display: block;
	margin: 0 auto !important;
  	padding:0 !important;
}

And

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager,
.bx-wrapper .bx-controls-auto {
	position: absolute;
	bottom: 0 !important;
	width: 100%;
  	z-index:1000 !important;
}

And

.bx-wrapper .bx-caption {
  display:block !important;
	position: absolute;
	bottom:-2px !important;
	left: 0;
 	margin-bottom:15px !important;
  	padding-bottom:15px !important;
	background: #666\9;
  	background: rgba(0,0,0,0.7) !important;
	width: 100%;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-caption span {
	color: #ffffff !important;
	font-family: Arial;
	display:block !important;
	font-size:14px !important;
  	font-weight:normal !important;
}

54 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I've noticed that "!important" is required throughout the CSS. I came across the padding and alignment issues because my sliders are in containers that have specific pixel dimensions. So I require all sides flush.

Do these work for you? You'll need to find and replace these codes.

Cheers mate, that seems to have helped a lot. I just added it as a page addition in a newly created .css file, might need to go through it and remove some of your css though as it conflicts with some of my own additions in terms of the style.

1 hour ago, Neej said:

Cheers mate, that seems to have helped a lot. I just added it as a page addition in a newly created .css file, might need to go through it and remove some of your css though as it conflicts with some of my own additions in terms of the style.

Yup! It's tailored for mine so just edit it to suit your needs. Glad it helped! :smile:

Just now, m@t said:

@onlyME

maybe i cannnot find it in the screenshots or is not there :unsure: - is there an auto get content from your app as well ?
(videobox)

If not - could you kindly add it to next version of the slider app ? ;)

Hi,

This app does not support videobox. ^_^ Videobox also has its own sliders.

46 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Hi,

This app does not support videobox. ^_^ Videobox also has its own sliders.

i know with videobox silder - i love the nivo silder (is there another one?), but it only works for featured content - could you add here at videobox silder/nivo an option to choose also other content from videobox, because in the silder it looks great and i thought i can have this with featured content maybe .. where it is possible you told me to add some buttons 

thanks in advance ;)

8 minutes ago, m@t said:

i know with videobox silder - i love the nivo silder (is there another one?), but it only works for featured content - could you add here at videobox silder/nivo an option to choose also other content from videobox, because in the silder it looks great and i thought i can have this with featured content maybe .. where it is possible you told me to add some buttons 

thanks in advance ;)

i will consider your suggestion.

@onlyME Is it possible to specify certain images to be _self and certain images to be _blank when linking them, rather than every single one being specified as _self for example.

Some are internal links and some are external - we want to keep the site links as _self and external as _blank so a new tab is opened and the site tab also remains open so that they are not being taken away from the site.

2 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

@onlyME Is it possible to specify certain images to be _self and certain images to be _blank when linking them, rather than every single one being specified as _self for example.

Some are internal links and some are external - we want to keep the site links as _self and external as _blank so a new tab is opened and the site tab also remains open so that they are not being taken away from the site.

Hi, 

There is an option ' Open a link in a new window ' in slider settings to open new tab.

Yes there is but that opens everything in a new window within that slider, so if I have 2 images in the slider and need one to be _self and one to be _blank it currently isn't possible as both are set as open in a new in a new window (_blank or if not enabled _self).

Edited by craigf136
1 minute ago, craigf136 said:

Yes there is but that opens everything in a new window within that slider, so if I have 2 images in the slider and need one to be _self and one to _blank it currently isn't possible as both are set as open in a new in a new window (_blank or if not enabled _self).

Do you use 'no auto' slider and it has url from external & internal ?

Edited by onlyME

I use autoplay.

c0193e76d83aabb7eeec25edbe141156.png

I have one slider setup under slider manager with five images being displayed. Three of those images are internal, two are linking to YouTube and Twitch - all of these are currently opening in a new window but I only need two of these to open in a new window.

3615f0b9fb802f4f6293461750c5562c.png

843a8858520d8eb3e5487d3b0dcb925e.png

Edited by craigf136
Just now, craigf136 said:

I use autoplay.

c0193e76d83aabb7eeec25edbe141156.png

I have one slider setup under slider manager with five images being displayed. Three of those images are internal, two are linking to YouTube and Twitch - all of these are currently opening in a new window but I only need two of these to open in a new window.

3615f0b9fb802f4f6293461750c5562c.png

Ok, I will update an option 'open new tab' when adding item to slider.