Featured Content for IPS4.x+

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

@onlyME I have made some small changes to make the slider widgets show the header as the ones from vertical and horizontal widgets.
Maybe you consider in adding it the the future version, maybe also with and On/Off option.

Here are the modifications:

In CSS file from featurecontent -> slider.css I have add this to remove spaces:

.ipsPageHeader {
	padding: 0px; 
  	border: none;
}

In Template file featuredcontent -> front -> embend -> showSlider I replaced from line 14...

<h1 class="ipsType_pageTitle">{$Slider->title}</h1>

...with this...

<h3 class='ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title'>
            	{$Slider->title}
			{{if $orientation == 'horizontal'}}
              	<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_unbold ipsType_medium'>{$Slider->title}</span>
			{{endif}}
			</h3>

Hope this is useful for someone.

Enjoy!

Edited by Teascu Dorin
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have this running in a 4.1.8 version and I have noticed two bugs. The first one, whenever you edit the slider, the field from where it gets the photos get reset. The second is that the truncation on the title is behaving oddly. Sometimes it will show the amount of characters you 've specified and in a different refresh it just shows the full title. Most of the times this behaviour occurs when you see it in a mobile device.

Edit: Sorry forgot to add that this is happening when I am pulling the content from a custom DB.

Thanks.

Edited by Jirinex
12 minutes ago, Jirinex said:

Hello,

I have this running in a 4.1.8 version and I have noticed two bugs. The first one, whenever you edit the slider, the field from where it gets the photos get reset. The second is that the truncation on the title is behaving oddly. Sometimes it will show the amount of characters you 've specified and in a different refresh it just shows the full title. Most of the times this behaviour occurs when you see it in a mobile device.

Edit: Sorry forgot to add that this is happening when I am pulling the content from a custom DB.

Thanks.

Hello,

I can not reproduce the truncation bug. Can you give me ACP access so I can take a look?

Here is a screenshot:

IPhyqmj.png

The title truncation gets back to 0 and the assign image from field gets reseted when you finish the edit. It works fine again if you edit the two values at the same time and save them, until the next edit. It's not a big issue as you don't edit that often, but still annoying. Thank you ^_^

5 hours ago, Jirinex said:

Here is a screenshot:

IPhyqmj.png

The title truncation gets back to 0 and the assign image from field gets reseted when you finish the edit. It works fine again if you edit the two values at the same time and save them, until the next edit. It's not a big issue as you don't edit that often, but still annoying. Thank you ^_^

I confirm this bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

Also another question. I don't know if it's feasible, but would it possible to add another option that when you see the slider in smaller devices and the titles move to a second line to truncate it and always stay one line?

Edited by Jirinex
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BlueEye said:

Hi onlyMe - is there an option to add this block to a custom page that does not have the site wrapper enabled?   Right now it displays fine on the page only if I have the site wrapper enabled.

Thanks -
Chad

It can not ^_^ But I will find a solution.

19 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Could you tell me how to call your app's block data?

data-blockid*="app_featuredcontent

I'm trying to tweak the CSS, as my theme forces extra padding but I can't figure out the above "app" part.

Hi,

Try this

[data-blockid^="app_featuredcontent"]