Featured Content for IPS4.x+

I just bought this and love it! 

One feature I would request is a date cut-off... i.e. Don't show articles older than 90 days. 

Usage:  I plan on making a new slider for each of the auto shows that happen during the year, but I don't want to be showing articles from the prior year's show.  We start getting articles for an upcoming show 90 days in advance, so I could set the slider to pick up articles from pages no older than that. 

1 minute ago, CheersnGears said:

I just bought this and love it! 

One feature I would request is a date cut-off... i.e. Don't show articles older than 90 days. 

Usage:  I plan on making a new slider for each of the auto shows that happen during the year, but I don't want to be showing articles from the prior year's show.  We start getting articles for an upcoming show 90 days in advance, so I could set the slider to pick up articles from pages no older than that. 

Thank you for your purchase. I will consider your idea.

I would like to share my expreience with @onlyME. I purchased this application after playing with the demo for a day while at the same time corresponding through PM's. After I purchased it, I had some configuration issues with my server that onlyMe was happy to help with. A few PM's later and I am up and running. Not only is the support for this app excellent, but the app itself has so much flexability and customization that it should cost way more. And I for one would be happy to pay it. If you are thinking about purchasing the Featured Content app, do it. You will be glad you did.

1 hour ago, Urban Legend said:

I would like to share my expreience with @onlyME. I purchased this application after playing with the demo for a day while at the same time corresponding through PM's. After I purchased it, I had some configuration issues with my server that onlyMe was happy to help with. A few PM's later and I am up and running. Not only is the support for this app excellent, but the app itself has so much flexability and customization that it should cost way more. And I for one would be happy to pay it. If you are thinking about purchasing the Featured Content app, do it. You will be glad you did.

You should post as a review in the Marketplace.  @onlyME has great support.  

• 5 weeks later...

I updated the application from 4.2.6 to 4.2.7

Now, when I try to save any slider changes, show me this error in the acp:

UPDATE `featuredcontent_sliders` featuredcontent_sliders  SET `fcs_showname`=false,`fcs_shownav`=true,`fcs_showpage`=false,`fcs_showtitle`=false,`fcs_keyboard`=true,`fcs_nolink`=false,`fcs_newwin`=false,`fcs_hideinmobile`=true,`fcs_img_w`=325,`fcs_img_h`=119,`fcs_ticker`=false,`fcs_maxSlides`=5,`fcs_minSlides`=1,`fcs_speed`=1500,`fcs_duration`=7000,`fcs_autoplay`=true,`fcs_autocontrol`=false,`fcs_total_items`=20,`fcs_randomcontent`=false WHERE fcs_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'fcs_newwin' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`featuredconten...', '`fcs_showname`=...', 'WHERE fcs_id=?')
#2 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2270): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home2/mwcom/public_html/init.php(449) : eval()'d code(990): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3053): IPS\Node\collab_hook_ipsNodeModel->save()
#6 /home2/mwcom/public_html/applications/featuredcontent/sources/Slider/Slider.php(494): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#7 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\featuredcontent\_Slider->saveForm(Array)
#8 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#9 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home2/mwcom/public_html/applications/featuredcontent/modules/admin/sliders/sliders.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home2/mwcom/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\featuredcontent\modules\admin\sliders\_sliders->execute()
#12 /home2/mwcom/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

I'm using featured content slider to show images/fotos from my gallery.

My problem: images have different dimensions (due to different devices they are made with). So different image sizes get stretched or cropped and it doesn't look good.

What about a feature to display images, so they will always fit into an image container, that just fills the space completely but doesn't resize its dimensions?

I mean a function like in the cover images, which - in worst case - only display the middle of the image.

14 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

My problem: images have different dimensions (due to different devices they are made with). So different image sizes get stretched or cropped and it doesn't look good.

What about a feature to display images, so they will always fit into an image container, that just fills the space completely but doesn't resize its dimensions?

I mean a function like in the cover images, which - in worst case - only display the middle of the image.

Did you enable this option?

E3AqBFXjTgy5wVeyBdqv3g.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Cyboman said:

I am having the same issue for images that come from database articles.  Can the images maintain their aspect ratio rather?  Pages doesn't do the square thumbnail that Gallery does.

Hi!

This is great plugin, however I have noticed following bugs:

On Desktop:

- I am using RSS feed for content to be displayed. If I click on image (slide) - nothing happens. If I double click on image (slide) - it takes me to the desired content page (single mouse click on image would be preferred). However, if I click on the description of the slide, the desired action happens - 1 mouse click to be taken to the content.

On Mobile:

- Tapping on image (slide) will do nothing. Double tap will do nothing. Long tap will show me that image (slide) is linked to desired content but it will still not take me to desired content.

If those two issues could be looked into, it would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Kim Hultman said:

Hi!

This is great plugin, however I have noticed following bugs:

On Desktop:

- I am using RSS feed for content to be displayed. If I click on image (slide) - nothing happens. If I double click on image (slide) - it takes me to the desired content page (single mouse click on image would be preferred). However, if I click on the description of the slide, the desired action happens - 1 mouse click to be taken to the content.

On Mobile:

- Tapping on image (slide) will do nothing. Double tap will do nothing. Long tap will show me that image (slide) is linked to desired content but it will still not take me to desired content.

If those two issues could be looked into, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can I have ACP access so I can test it?