Featured Content for IPS4.x+

7 hours ago, Neej said:

Hi onlyME is it possible to add a feature in an upcoming  version that would allow you to add specific users instead of entire user groups to edit the manual upload type sliders? 

Hi,

You should create a new user group and add the specific users to that groups (secondary). But it also has a Moderators form when you add item

http://prntscr.com/bpe46n

Edited by onlyME
3 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

That's one aspect that I feel it lacks, having to add people to the group who can edit items - can you not set it so it has permissions already set from the ACP?

Use the comma for multiple people to moderate each items. For groups, use permissions in ACP settings.

Edited by onlyME
17 hours ago, onlyME said:

Use the comma for multiple people to moderate each items. For groups, use permissions in ACP settings.

Im curious as to how the moderation thing works? Is it only the person that uploaded an image that can edit it of they did not add anyone to the moderator box? 

4 hours ago, Neej said:

Im curious as to how the moderation thing works? Is it only the person that uploaded an image that can edit it of they did not add anyone to the moderator box? 

Anyone you add to the moderator box can edit the item.

Just now, Neej said:

But that makes no sense? if a user is not part of the added user groups, they cannot view the area to add/edit items.

If a user not in a group that has MANAGE slider, but he is in moderator box of some items, he can edit the items.

3 minutes ago, onlyME said:

If a user not in a group that has MANAGE slider, but he is in moderator box of some items, he can edit the items.

Yes but if I add a user as moderator to items on a [No Auto - Manually Adding] slider.

How are they supposed to be able to edit the item I have added them to? I am testing it right now and nothing comes up for the user to click on when looking at the slider, and they do not have permission to view the slider controller. eg www.mywebsite.com/?app=featuredcontent&module=slider&controller=view&id=7

L02UzL8.png

1 minute ago, Neej said:

Yes but if I add a user as moderator to items on a [No Auto - Manually Adding] slider.

How are they supposed to be able to edit the item I have added them to? I am testing it right now and nothing comes up for the user to click on when looking at the slider, and they do not have permission to view the slider controller. eg www.mywebsite.com/?app=featuredcontent&module=slider&controller=view&id=7

L02UzL8.png

I see the bug, I forgot to add the button on images in slider. It will be fixed in the next version.

@onlyME

This is showing up in ACP>System>Support when checking the system for errors after updating to the latest version of IPS (4.1.13.1)

ALTER TABLE `IPS_featuredcontent_sliders` CHANGE COLUMN `fcs_noimg` `fcs_noimg` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `IPS_featuredcontent_contents` CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_uploadimg` `fcc_uploadimg` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_imageFrom` `fcc_imageFrom` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_moderators` `fcc_moderators` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

9 minutes ago, Neej said:

@onlyME

This is showing up in ACP>System>Support when checking the system for errors after updating to the latest version of IPS (4.1.13.1)

ALTER TABLE `IPS_featuredcontent_sliders` CHANGE COLUMN `fcs_noimg` `fcs_noimg` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `IPS_featuredcontent_contents` CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_uploadimg` `fcc_uploadimg` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_imageFrom` `fcc_imageFrom` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `fcc_moderators` `fcc_moderators` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

A bug of IPS,  running sql manual or fixing automatically still can not solve that error message. It occurs with custom apps. Although annoying, its nothing to be concerned over.

6 minutes ago, onlyME said:

A bug of IPS,  running sql manual or fixing automatically still can not solve that error message. It occurs with custom apps. Although annoying, its nothing to be concerned over.

Okay thanks!

Hello @onlyME, this is a problem I'm getting in the System Logs.  Pretty sure this is related to Featured Content:

#0 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(466): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\featuredcontent\Application), 'fcontentWidget', 'gh8lvy1mc', Array, NULL, 'vertical')
#1 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Featured Content v4.1.13 and IPS v4.1.12.3

(But now I'm noticing there might be an update available for Featured Content.  Will update right away)

Updated to Featured Content v4.1.15 so I'll let you know if I have further issues. 

4 hours ago, Joel R said:

Hello @onlyME, this is a problem I'm getting in the System Logs.  Pretty sure this is related to Featured Content:

#0 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(466): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\featuredcontent\Application), 'fcontentWidget', 'gh8lvy1mc', Array, NULL, 'vertical')
#1 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Featured Content v4.1.13 and IPS v4.1.12.3

(But now I'm noticing there might be an update available for Featured Content.  Will update right away)

Updated to Featured Content v4.1.15 so I'll let you know if I have further issues. 

Does the slider work? Try to clear the badly cache.

I've just updated Featured Content (for the first time since March) and have found one issue...

I have four images which cycle, in the side-bar. Their size was calibrated to suit at 300x190. They are at 100%  and they have previously not caused any issues. I normally display them with the 'fade' setting.

Since the update, the images are positioned incorrectly and appear too far to the right, with space down the left side and the image truncated to the right.

Capture.JPG

Note that this only happens when 'fade' or 'vertical' is selected as the slider style, 'horizontal' works fine. This issue presents itself on my custom theme and also on the default theme (illustrated above).

3 minutes ago, JohnDar said:

I've just updated Featured Content (for the first time since March) and have found one issue...

I have four images which cycle, in the side-bar. Their size was calibrated to suit at 300x190. They are at 100%  and they have previously not caused any issues. I normally display them with the 'fade' setting.

Since the update, the images are positioned incorrectly and appear too far to the right, with space down the left side and the image truncated to the right.

Capture.JPG

Note that this only happens when 'fade' or 'vertical' is selected as the slider style, 'horizontal' works fine. This issue presents itself on my custom theme and also on the default theme (illustrated above).

Try to add this css to fix

.slider_1 {
   margin-left: -40px !important; 
}

1 is slider ID.

1 minute ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the sorting of slides?

I left-clicked and dragged the slides in a custom order, but it sticks to the order of publishing date? It only seemed to have happened after I upgraded.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

There is a bug that can not save the position. I will fix in the next version.

To those thinking of using this, it's really good. We use Featured Content widget and more from onlyME to enhance our site.

One support question, if ok. Is there a way to include a specific slider within the body of a Pages article? I've added it at the footer, below the single page article and potential comments, but would prefer being able to run the slider (in this case a presentation with uploaded images) in the place it's mentioned in the article. As it stands, multiple comments will force it down. Above the article wouldn't look good.

You can see it here >> https://fanalyse.net/community/news/ryan_sportsmedia

Can this be done with code?

Thanks again. Great stuff

4 minutes ago, Julian Jenkins said:

To those thinking of using this, it's really good. We use Featured Content widget and more from onlyME to enhance our site.

One support question, if ok. Is there a way to include a specific slider within the body of a Pages article? I've added it at the footer, below the single page article and potential comments, but would prefer being able to run the slider (in this case a presentation with uploaded images) in the place it's mentioned in the article. As it stands, multiple comments will force it down. Above the article wouldn't look good.

You can see it here >> https://fanalyse.net/community/news/ryan_sportsmedia

Can this be done with code?

Thanks again. Great stuff

You can create a block for Ip.Pages, and add it to page's template as a widget

fcontent_pages_block.png

Or using slider's code in your template. 

slider_code.png