Featured Content for IPS4.x+

Just now, riko said:

I love your widget, I love the support on display here. I run into a few things my self, yet got it all sorted out by reading this thread. 

But I gotta ask onlyME, that cat picture is that of a real cat? 

^_^ Do you ask about the cat in my avatar? I got it from facebook, don't know it's a real cat or not, hahaha

1 minute ago, JohnDer said:

I've lost almost all images from slider in Featured Content 4.1.12 it shows a no image thumbnail, I hadn't this issue in previous version. All images in topics are from external URLs.

Please give me acp access so I can take a look.

Is there a way to set ALT attributes to image?

Can you insert ALT attributes in your plugin and copy the content from the TITLE attributes? Or give us a way to insert ALT attributes manually?

I need this to improve SEO, when i test it, SEO is reduced from your plugin, becouse the image are all without the ALT attribute

Thanks

Great plugin!!!!

1 minute ago, modman said:

Is there a way to set ALT attributes to image?

Can you insert ALT attributes in your plugin and copy the content from the TITLE attributes? Or give us a way to insert ALT attributes manually?

I need this to improve SEO, when i test it, SEO is reduced from your plugin, becouse the image are all without the ALT attribute

Thanks

Great plugin!!!!

Hi,

I will update it in the next version.

I consistently receive the following error in system logs, running version 4.1.12

OutOfRangeException::0

940b525114500920919fb1da4750232e.png

#0 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(466): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\featuredcontent\Application), 'fcontentWidget', 'wx5so1hy1', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /home/user/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\chat_hook_tabNewWindow->finish()
#3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

If I enable the app (disabled at the moment) the site becomes inaccessible.

http://www.domain.com/admin/?adsess=8dcc32de553ef480e47980511479f123&app=core&module=support&controller=systemLogs&do=view&id=4235 [an error occurred while processing this directive]

5 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

I consistently receive the following error in system logs, running version 4.1.12

OutOfRangeException::0

940b525114500920919fb1da4750232e.png

#0 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(466): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\featuredcontent\Application), 'fcontentWidget', 'wx5so1hy1', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /home/user/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\chat_hook_tabNewWindow->finish()
#3 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

If I enable the app (disabled at the moment) the site becomes inaccessible.

http://www.domain.com/admin/?adsess=8dcc32de553ef480e47980511479f123&app=core&module=support&controller=systemLogs&do=view&id=4235 [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Please give me acp access so I can take a look.

Hi - New purchase here! 

Any reason why this wouldn't be pulling images from my rss feed please?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheLotusForums

On 6/21/2016 at 11:44 AM, riko said:

I love your widget, I love the support on display here. I run into a few things my self, yet got it all sorted out by reading this thread. 

But I gotta ask onlyME, that cat picture is that of a real cat? 

It looks like a Scottish Fold, have a google. Got one sat on my desk right now! 

@onlyME

is the auto get content also possible from other activ data feeds from apps which are available / not IPS apps ? 

For example when i create a block in pages i can take every data feed which is available, pages records, links directory records (app from adriano), .... 

About the "read  more" in silder, is this hard coded or can be for every language different with an language bit which i can translate however i want? (because i use two languages) as well could i be made a little bit more as an button that i looks professinel? (very small one)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, m@t said:

@onlyME

is the auto get content also possible from other activ data feeds from apps which are available / not IPS apps ? 

For example when i create a block in pages i can take every data feed which is available, pages records, links directory records (app from adriano), .... 

About the "read  more" in silder, is this hard coded or can be for every language different with an language bit which i can translate however i want? (because i use two languages) as well could i be made a little bit more as an button that i looks professinel? (very small one)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi,

It only auto gets content from IPS apps. ^_^  For pages it will get articles, you can select databse > categories.

It doesn't have the 'read more', only has image and title. in a slide. See demo here

@onlyME

okkk then this was custom added from a client of you - because i was at one of the links here in topic

Could you kindly add a "read more" button to the slider please ^_^  or also something like below with small buttons - would be look very professionel ;)

For example like this: (is from an old 3.x app - which was not upgraded to IPS4)

slider.jpg

One question regarding RSS feed - what does the slider take from the RSS feed?   Because i have links app from adriano and there is a rss feed option - if i can use the links via the rss with picture, link, description it would work with your silder ;)

Edited by m@t
5 minutes ago, m@t said:

@onlyME

okkk then this was custom added from a client of you - because i was at one of the links here in topic

Could you kindly add a "read more" button to the slider please ^_^  or also something like below with small buttons - would be look very professionel ;)

For example like this: (is from an old 3.x app - which was not upgraded to IPS4)

slider.jpg

One question regarding RSS feed - what does the slider take from the RSS feed?   Because i have links app from adriano and there is a rss feed option - if i can use the links via the rss with picture, link, description it would work with your silder ;)

You can add the readmore button, the views, descriptions by editting template bit and css. 

This app can get contents from RSS with image, link and title.