Featured Content for IPS4.x+

1 hour ago, onlyME said:

From topics, files, articles, blogs, RSS or you can upload images for custom sliders.

So for example, if I'm creating slider based on Topics ... would it pull from the Topic Thumbnail (your app), the first image in the topic, or a custom picture?

Also, does it create slider based on only "featured" content (eg. pinned, featured, locked) or all forum topics (eg. customized feed like activity stream)?  

10 minutes ago, Joel R said:

So for example, if I'm creating slider based on Topics ... would it pull from the Topic Thumbnail (your app), the first image in the topic, or a custom picture?

Also, does it create slider based on only "featured" content (eg. pinned, featured, locked) or all forum topics (eg. customized feed like activity stream)?  

The next version will support Topic Thumbnail ^_^ Currently, if you it pulls the first image in topic if you select getting contents from Forums. In 'No auto' mode, you can use custom images, titles, urls.

It also supports Pinned, Featured Topics.

On 4/26/2016 at 1:15 AM, onlyME said:

Hi,

It only shows thumbnails & titles in a carousel.

Hi. Sure I understand that. Looking at the images and your demo it looks like 1 slider can have multiple images in it. So, theoretically I could have 1 slide with 3 images styled just like my current homepage and set the slider to just use that 1 slide. 

I'm using cimage.

Do I have to modify anything to show the pictures when I'm pulling from the gallery or threads? Images do not appear and I get this error when I try to view the image.

Notice: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php on line 1411

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php:1411) in /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php on line 3103
[img.php]

img.php: Uncaught exception:

The file doesn't seem to be a valid image.

#0 /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php(3981): CImage->loadImageDetails()
#1 {main}

1 hour ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I'm using cimage.

Do I have to modify anything to show the pictures when I'm pulling from the gallery or threads? Images do not appear and I get this error when I try to view the image.

Notice: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php on line 1411

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php:1411) in /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php on line 3103
[img.php]

img.php: Uncaught exception:

The file doesn't seem to be a valid image.

#0 /home/****/public_html/cimage/webroot/imgp.php(3981): CImage->loadImageDetails()
#1 {main}

What url in the settings? Can you give me ACP access so I can take a look?

Purchased.

Suggestions

1. Spacing between Images -- an option to add some spacing between images
  2. Permissions -- this might be a difficult fix, but IPS' feeds only display content IF you have permission.  Featured Content shows ALL content, even when user doesn't have permission.  
  3. No Image -- pull from TT, or default image
  4. "Shorting" -- you probably mean "Sorting" ^_^ 

Shorting.PNG

4 hours ago, Joel R said:

Purchased.

Suggestions

1. Spacing between Images -- an option to add some spacing between images
  2. Permissions -- this might be a difficult fix, but IPS' feeds only display content IF you have permission.  Featured Content shows ALL content, even when user doesn't have permission.  
  3. No Image -- pull from TT, or default image
  4. "Shorting" -- you probably mean "Sorting" ^_^ 

Shorting.PNG

Thank you for your purchase. I will update asap.

Still loving this app and now have it on my production site after testing it on my test site.  Only thing that is missing that I think would be nice to have is the ability to set a "Default no image" for individual sliders.  IE I have one from Reddit and one from Polygon - would be nice to have the reddit slider display the Reddit logo for no image, have the PolyGon Slider display the Polygon logo for no image - instead of only being able to set one image for any/all sliders (though I could see users who want that as well).

Just now, almax said:

Still loving this app and now have it on my production site after testing it on my test site.  Only thing that is missing that I think would be nice to have is the ability to set a "Default no image" for individual sliders.  IE I have one from Reddit and one from Polygon - would be nice to have the reddit slider display the Reddit logo for no image, have the PolyGon Slider display the Polygon logo for no image - instead of only being able to set one image for any/all sliders (though I could see users who want that as well).

Ok, I will update it in the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

ok

i was in ips 3.4.9 before, i update to 4.1.12 so i try to "upload a new version" but i have thise message

Table 'agol_ikusafr1.featuredcontent_sliders' doesn't exist 

and it's right, i don't have this table in my database, so i try to  uninsall this application but now i have this message

SELECT * FROM `featuredcontent_contents` WHERE fcc_uploadimg IS NOT NULL
IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'agol_ikusafr1.featuredcontent_contents' doesn't exist (1146)
#0 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array)
#1 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Db/Select.php(402): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/applications/featuredcontent/extensions/core/FileStorage/Image.php(108): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Application/Application.php(3704): IPS\featuredcontent\extensions\core\FileStorage\_Image->delete()
#4 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1031): IPS\_Application->delete()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#6 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/clients/3904f90cdf95ac3466eff0b1894fcaff/web/forums/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

how can i fix this and upgrade the new version