How to disable cover photos for Members?

Azhar Shahzad

You can disable the use of cover photos for members through group permissions. I haven't looked into ACP settings much but there may be a setting to disallow access by other Admins or alternatively you can override the setting with custom code to always set it as "false"

Yes! exactly. There must be some settings which will disable this empty background area for those Community Administrator who do not want to make use of the cover image globally.

​You can edit it with CSS to whatever color you choose. White will make it blend in with the background. I have not ran across another way

I don't think there's a setting.

The problem you will face with editing the CSS is that unless you're very clever with coding, whatever changes you make to it will apply across the board. You can't currently hope to change the background of ipsPageHead_special to transparent as the easy solution because there's a lot of heavy box-shadow in place in elProfileHeader, the absence of which would be noticed by everybody who makes use of the cover photo, and the text etc would need to be a separate colour. There's a lot more to change than just the background colour:

IfYzr.thumb.jpg.4123453ed8d8d8bf72c7c685

Archived