IPS4 Feature Plan

NewRockRabbit

I thought chat would be one of the next piece of work – in my memory first with 4.0 we have the chat as is now and soon there's an update after all the years. But now is in "Planning Stage". In IPS time this could be 2 years if I look when IPS4 was announced ;)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​If you don't mind my asking... If it's not a carry over from 3.X, how did you manage to get 3 million records into IPS4 so quickly?

We have a script that imports from an external MySQL database and runs an import job daily. It also stores any revisions from the external data into the IPS revision history. 

• 2 weeks later...

​The Like thing is actually really simple because everything in IPS4 is modular. As long as the reputation template has the variable for the record, you can put it anywhere you like. So in the list template, I added:

{{if $row instanceof \IPS\Content\Reputation and settings.reputation_enabled}}
	<div class='ipsSpacer_top ipsSpacer_half ipsType_center'>
		{template="reputationMini" app="core" group="global" params="$row"}
	</div>
{{endif}}

And that's it - nothing else required.

​Does that have any other requirements in the code? Certain container classes? Certain HTML elements like <li>?

I put it on a article listing template and while the likes are saved, the AJAX functionality doesn’t work properly. I need to manually reload the page to see likes and like removals displayed. 

​Does that have any other requirements in the code? Certain container classes? Certain HTML elements like <li>?

I put it on a article listing template and while the likes are saved, the AJAX functionality doesn’t work properly. I need to manually reload the page to see likes and like removals displayed. 

​No, it should just work as-is. Check to see if you're getting any JS errors though.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to Pages → Pages. Click “Add Page”. Choose “Page Builder” and follow the instructions. 

When the page is created, click on the page builder icon (magic wand) in the pages overview. 

Open the sidebar where you can choose the widgets for the page. Go to the pages section and drag the database widget to the page and select your database for that widget. 

Go to Pages → Pages. Click “Add Page”. Choose “Page Builder” and follow the instructions. 

When the page is created, click on the page builder icon (magic wand) in the pages overview. 

Open the sidebar where you can choose the widgets for the page. Go to the pages section and drag the database widget to the page and select your database for that widget. 

​I did all that but it just displays Error

Edit: Figured it out now how do I add the like button.

• 1 month later...

​We just edited the database template HTML and field format options. Of course we duplicated the defaults first into a new category for this database.

categoryHeader.txt

categoryTable.txt

recordRow.txt

The status field used the built in custom format option:

Status Field custom format.txt

And we did a linked CSS resource for the page:

status.css.txt

Edit: or you can dowload the attached Database export and import it into your Pages 4 install. (maybe - I didn't test it :) )

IPS4_Feature_Plan.xml

@Charles are you able to provide an updated recordRow as I can't seem to figure out how you got the completed to fade

@Charles are you able to provide an updated recordRow as I can't seem to figure out how you got the completed to fade

​<a href='#' class='c4StatusRow ipsAreaBackground_light {{if $row->fieldValues()['field_134'] == '4'}}ipsFaded{{endif}} ipsPad ipsType_blendLinks {{if $row->hidden()}}ipsModerated{{endif}}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title="{$row->_title}" data-ipsDialog-size='medium' data-ipsDialog-content='#el4StatusInfo_{$row->$idField}'>

It's that clever little bit in bold. If the value is 4, then the class ipsFaded is included.

Doesn't work. That's why I've asked for an updated copy. Field_134 doesn't exist I have tried Status2 and still nothing.

​You can check the field ID in your own database by hovering over the edit button of that field in the ACP. The ID is visible in the URL. 
In addition, check that this field uses the field value “4” for finished tasks. 

Doesn't work. That's why I've asked for an updated copy. Field_134 doesn't exist I have tried Status2 and still nothing.

​Sorry - I meant "That's the bit to change" :)

I noticed you said earlier you were getting the message Error having dropped your database into a page. So am I. What did you do to fix it?

There is an issue where categoryFooter (I think) is not placed in the database template group Status but in it's own group.

Ah, yeah; I'd caught that and changed it in the database earlier on. But was still getting the errors

I've just tried building from scratch (ie, as you set out above) and also reimporting the XML and then reassigning categoryFooter to the correct template group. Both still end in an error.

That's the fifth or sixth attempt now, so I think I'd do better to shrug my shoulders and wait for a tutorial to emerge.

Just tried again from scratch, including making sure that the fields had the correct keys to match the entries such as {$row->customFieldDisplayByKey('summary', 'listing')|raw}. Still the same old error message, having created new templates as record listings and pasting the content from Charles's examples. I created the fields as they were indicated in Charles's XML.

Still an error, alas.

I don't suppose somebody who has a working version could share their XML, could they? I want to be sure there's nothing wrong with my installation of Pages, which there has been in the past and which required intervention from support to rectify.

Thank you, @Black-Elmo. Still an error. although at least this time there's a message indicating where the fault lies. (Incidentally, categoryFooter again imported into its own group and needed me to change it in the database.)

I had problems with my Pages templates being out of date a few months ago. I bet more features are. My site didn't survive the jump to 4.0.5 without needing a support ticket, so I think I'd probably make the support team aware.

Thanks all the same :)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have it working? I get this error when I install the XML file and have the database loaded:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_status_8::categoryHeader() in

modules/front/database/category.php on line 385

• 2 weeks later...

Archived