[Missing] Birthday in registration screen

CheersnGears

It depends on your needs.

I really don't care, how IPS gonna solve it backend wise, but the settings should be similar to the given profile field permission settings, like:

a) show on register page yes/no
b) birthdate ist required or not
c) show on profile page yes/no

Best. 

No, it depends on how IPS does things. It is as it is. They won't change this, honestly. There's no sense in make this as a custom field.

I'm with IPS on this. I see this kind of request since 2010. Ok, it's totally required for you or your board; it can be required for the type of your content, but it isn't for all the other clients/boards. That's why this and several other things are better if made as a plugin. Now you don't like 3rd party plugins, well that's up to you. You just can't wait that every tiny request from everybody will be added just because they don't like 3rd party resources.

Keep up with requests. Who knows...

• 3 months later...
  • Management
5 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

When you said no ETA, I kinda thought that it might at least make it into 4.1.

It seems to have fallen off the road map.

It's still there - I promise. :) It's just part of a larger function now. It shouldn't be much longer. 

• Management
5 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

okay good.  4.1 is sooooo close to being usable for me, I'm looking at making the move in the next month or so once a critical bug I experienced is fixed.

I know you have quite a setup. Let us know when you're ready and if you need help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/3/2016 at 3:17 PM, Lindy said:

I expect we'll target this in 4.2.

Eh.  How about in 4.3?

Our site has an age range from 14 to 86 and according to Google, we're oddly even across all age groups.  We want to cover ourselves and protect our members so we need to have a functioning birthday system. Right now it appears that these systems don't tie together very well as far as setting a birthday goes: COPPA/Registration/Profile Completion/GDPR requirements.

In 4.2.6, You cannot use COPPA and Profile Completion at the same time.  This is just plain silly.  If COPPA is on, trigger an extra dialog.  Force filling out the birthday field.

In 4.2.6, if you have COPPA off and you set "Birthday" as a required field in profile completion, it only requires the year.  It accepts the current year and ignores month and day.  I'm pretty sure infants aren't posting on the forums, so that's ridiculous.  Between COPPA and GDPR, website operators would be in some trouble collecting data if you are under 13 or 16.  This should be addressed somehow.  Setting a minimum age requirement?  requiring month,day and year to be filled out.

In 4.2.6, the system allows you to edit the birthday when you edit the profile and does no checks at all on it.  (Though if you profile completion on and they change birthday year to not telling, it does trigger profile completion again)

Can we also get a built in user setting to let the member display their birthday or age or both on the Calendar?  Given GDPR, just displaying birthdays on the calendar without getting permission seems like it violates the law.  We've manually added a custom field to do this, but I'd rather have it built in so we don't have to maintain modifications and plugins.

• 5 months later...

Archived