Most Online count

b0re

Hello,

How is the Most Online count done.  It seems to have a large amount online per day, that do match my visits stats.  

I had 500 unique visits yesterday. Most online says 375 that was captured yesterday.

Most days i am getting 500-600 visits.

Thanks

Yes sorry might of explained it wrong. most online is 375 this can't be right as i am only getting 500 visits per days.  If i would of had 375 let's say between 30min,i would expect 1000 1200 per day.  99% of the time i only have 20-30 users online at one time.

Yes sorry might of explained it wrong. most online is 375 this can't be right as i am only getting 500 visits per days.  If i would of had 375 let's say between 30min,i would expect 1000 1200 per day.  99% of the time i only have 20-30 users online at one time.

​This includes guests as well, bad cookied members, etc... it is not an exact science, unfortunately. If you're looking for an exact science you need to get a web analytics tool such as Google Analytics or Clicky.

Most online users count should Show the number of visitors + logged in users within the number of minutes in "Cut off for active user display [in minutes]" setting ( in 3.4.7 , not sure 4.0 equivalent ) if I am not wrong.

But if you are looking fot "Members online today", there is a hook for that

Archived