Please provide a list of all of the features that were in 3.X, but have now been removed in 4.0

openfire

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to add 2 that may be oversights as they were very useful.

1. You can no longer CC a PM to multiple users. In 3.4 you could select COPY or INVITE.
2. When articles post to the forum, you could control the fields it posted. It was called Topic Fields in the field settings. This let you remove the body of the article and use a teaser. Truncating ability would be better (suggestion) but also the field selection was a great feature. I formatted mine as previews and didn't include all the fields so they actually clicked to the article, which now, with real reviews, is even more important. However there is no control anymore (or at least I can't find it).

Thanks. :) 

• Management

I am going to lock this topic as I just spend quite a while going through it and most of the items in here we have already added to 4.1 or will not be adding at all. As I said way back when this topic first started, these "list of things" topics are really hard to follow. We prefer individual topics for specific things.

Archived