Feature Sugestion - Sort By Date Default in Topic Question

RevengeFNF

Hello,

First of all, i understand that the system is designed to work strictly as a Question and Answer system, where the first post is the "question" and the subsequent replies are "answers".

But like we have seen here on ASK IPS and i've seen it on my Test Board, and probably in every board, many people will discuss with normal replys to some answers.
So i only see 2 solutions. Or there is a way to reply to a answer without that replay being sorted by rate, or create an option where we can choose the default we want, Date or Rate. 

I love the new Question and Answer topics, but i know my Members, and i know i can't have the replys sorted by rate, because it will be a completely mess when they start to discuss on those topics.

If a question is asked, users will want to see the most helpful answer (IE the rating), if they wanted it based on date then you'd just have a regular topic with a bunch of answers. Otherwise, you've got the option already to select what display you want on the top right of the OP.

HvXqDT0.png

If a question is asked, users will want to see the most helpful answer (IE the rating), if they wanted it based on date then you'd just have a regular topic with a bunch of answers. Otherwise, you've got the option already to select what display you want on the top right of the OP.

HvXqDT0.png

​And they can put the answer with most rate at the top, and the rest sorted by date.
Im just asking if can be possible for us to choose if we want the default to be date or rate. At this point, we cannot choose, its rate.

Imagine, someone can make a Good Question. Someone will Answer that question and another person will answer something different. Then it will start there a discussion where which one of them will point their view. That cannot happen with sort by rate because it will be a mess.

For example, Stackoverflow sort the answers by rate, but they let you reply an answer, so you can discuss there without it being a mess. And this is the only solution, because if someone do not agree with a answer someone gave, he will want to reply saying that...

Archived