No Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates option??

Stephen Cornell_38432

Hi all, I've tried a search (tried a few times to be honest!) but cannot find an answer to my problem. I've purchased a licence version and all installed well, however I want to change the skin to something more in keeping with what I have in mind but when I log in to my AdminCP I cannot find anywhere the  Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates link! 

Below are two screenshots of options in my AdminCP, I've reduced the size to fit the screen - 

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

I used to use the Invision boards back before they were charging for the license (boy has it changed!!) but now want to use them again and just spent $175 without much success.

Cheers Ryan, I did this and followed all the instructions and yet every theme I tried kept coming back with cannot find .xml file. I've tried with zipped folders, I've tried by unzipping the folder but all to no avail. Then I read this and it doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to my AdminCP - https://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/install-and-getting-started/setting-the-default-style-r277

Years ago we used to be able to upload the theme to the server and then select through the backend, made life so much easier!

Stephen, are you sure the theme you're trying to use is for 4.0? Older themes won't be compatible.

As I understand, a 4.0 theme should just consist of an xml file, nothing more. You can find released ones here: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/category/162-themes/

Have to admit I am becoming extremely disappointed with this, I feel Invision should have given an option as to which version we want to download; to force the latest version on us with little or no stability or themes to the latest version is wrong.

I can't help feeling cheated to be honest, its a lot of money to pay for something that has so little that can run with it.

Considering asking for a refund.

Have to admit I am becoming extremely disappointed with this, I feel Invision should have given an option as to which version we want to download; to force the latest version on us with little or no stability or themes to the latest version is wrong.

I can't help feeling cheated to be honest, its a lot of money to pay for something that has so little that can run with it.

Considering asking for a refund.

​Hi Stephen,

You should be able to select which version you want to download, in the pop-up there are two options 4.0.0 RC2 or 3.4.7, make sure you select 3.4.7 before clicking 'download'

347or400.thumb.PNG.3f83bb5efe23f32f0323f

Thanks,

Thanks Stuart, I didn't see that but found  it now. Think I'll delete my database and start again, far more available for 3.4.7 in my opinion. I'm certain that 4.0 will be fine in due course or as an upgrade but personally as a clean install I can't say I'm too impressed at this stage.

But then I haven't been an IPB user for quite some time!

Archived