Reset Archive Status

Day_

I archived a load of posts, later unarchived them to edit the threads and move a few around...didn't realise I wouldn't be able to archive them again. I'm looking to rearchive them again if possible to decrease the post table and hopefully speed things up a bit, now I know there is no reset archive button so I'm looking at a SQL query, I can see in forums_topics I have topic_archive_status 3 

Would the below query reset the archive status so I can go again? like I say I know this isn't supported and I would take a backup first, I've looked in the post table but not seeing any archive status, am I missing anything else?

UPDATE `forums_topics` SET `topic_archive_status` = '0' WHERE `topic_archive_status` = '3'

Don't run queries like that. There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than a simple query like that. You would likely cause the system to be confused, lose control of posts etc.

I doubt there is anything stopping you from rearchiving them again. But this is done at the archive page in ACP. What have you tried?

There actually exists 2 mods for the archive system, and both are free, one does the re-archive trick the other has some more options plus the re-archive feature.

1. Re-Archive Topics by Adriano Faria - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/6987-re-archive-topics/
    • This hook will allow users from selected groups to re-archive unarchived topics. A log entry will be created on Moderator Logs when someone use the feature.
  2. (Wolf) Archive Options by Wolfie - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5973-wolf-archive-options/
    • It adds options to the 'Topic Moderation' menu (when in Topic View) to allow you to flag a topic to be archived (or re-archived), or to exclude it from being archived or if it's been restored, to allow it to be automatically archived by the system.

#2 haven't been lightly tested and is in alpha stage. So if you're only after an re-archive feature then I'd choose #1

• 7 months later...

Archived