Template merge center?

ehren.

Is there a similar feature to the "Template Merge Center" from 3.4.x? Mainly so I can create the difference (add/remove) reports for themes, and find out the code changes between versions.

I'm unable to find anything similar in the admin cpanel yet, but I haven't upgraded my board from RC1 to RC2, so I'm not sure if it'll appear after that or not.. :)

​I've upgraded from RC1 to RC3 with no way of knowing if my template files are outdated.. Fairly concerning!

​I've setup a GIT repo inside my /ips4/themes/2/ folder. This tracks any changes with files and basically replicates the behaviour of 'difference reporting' in IPB3. Otherwise there's no way I'd know how to upgrade templates between versions without manually comparing the code.

​I've setup a GIT repo inside my /ips4/themes/2/ folder. This tracks any changes with files and basically replicates the behaviour of 'difference reporting' in IPB3. Otherwise there's no way I'd know how to upgrade templates between versions without manually comparing the code.

​Sounds like I should start learning.. I'm assuming DM needs to be enabled for this?

And you don't happen to have the changes between RC1 and RC3 by any chance, do you..? :unsure:

​Sounds like I should start learning.. I'm assuming DM needs to be enabled for this?

​Yep, It's the most valuable asset any web designer could use IMO. Create a GitHub or BitBucket account (Bitbucket allows private repository's for free) and then I recommend SourceTree for Mac as your client (Unless you fancy learning GIT via the command line). There's tons of tutorials out there. Look into how to create your first repo, create branches, making commits, pushing your changes to Github or Bitbucket etc. Github/Bitbucket also have excellent issue trackers which you could use for your themes. It's quite confusing at first but an absolute life saver in the long run.

• 1 month later...

Now that 4.0.0 has been released, are you (IPS staff) planning on releasing change logs for themes? There were numerous changes between the RC's and final, and I imagine more will come in the future. Designers need to be kept updated with these changes, and I'd be disappointed if we needed to devise our own solutions.

Now that 4.0.0 has been released, are you (IPS staff) planning on releasing change logs for themes? There were numerous changes between the RC's and final, and I imagine more will come in the future. Designers need to be kept updated with these changes, and I'd be disappointed if we needed to devise our own solutions.

Have to agree with @ehren as certainly helps a lot knowing what templates/css has changed when upgrading skins

Archived