Status Updates

xert77

Hey,

Has anyone managed to create a Status Update block like in IPB 3? All our users are complaining that they aren't able to reply to statuses on the forum homepage or see how many comments a status update has got. Instead they are having to click the time & go to the users profile page which is a lot more effort. It's also resulting in less status interactivity.

This is the only negative feedback of 4.0 I have received so it seems a shame.

Hey,

Has anyone managed to create a Status Update block like in IPB 3? All our users are complaining that they aren't able to reply to statuses on the forum homepage or see how many comments a status update has got. Instead they are having to click the time & go to the users profile page which is a lot more effort. It's also resulting in less status interactivity.

This is the only negative feedback of 4.0 I have received so it seems a shame.

​Oh idk anything about a blog but I am glad to see a nice site running on IPB4 :)

​Oh idk anything about a blog but I am glad to see a nice site running on IPB4 :)

​Thanks! I appreciate the nice comment.

Displaying comments & allowing people to reply to statuses in the homepage block was used a lot.

fbc60f9e68.png

So if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone from IPB knows if this will eventually be added?

It's been fedback already

and

It will not appear on the 4.0 release as the system will now be closed to new features as they concentrate on getting a stable product for release. It is likely that it's listed on IPS's internal feature requests but no word on whether or not this will be included.

As it stands and in my opinion, it was a huge mistake not to have this within the sidebar for status updates at beta stages and RC stages. It was also fedback on the IPS4 test site before the main site was switched over and no word on it coming I'm afraid (my users are not going to like the change at all).

It's been fedback already

and

It will not appear on the 4.0 release as the system will now be closed to new features as they concentrate on getting a stable product for release. It is likely that it's listed on IPS's internal feature requests but no word on whether or not this will be included.

As it stands and in my opinion, it was a huge mistake not to have this within the sidebar for status updates at beta stages and RC stages. It was also fedback on the IPS4 test site before the main site was switched over and no word on it coming I'm afraid (my users are not going to like the change at all).

​Thanks for letting me know, I agree with all the above. It's a real, real shame. It was being used an awful lot on our site.

Status updates have changed. Previously they were more like twitter tweets, now they are more like Facebook status's. You can now use the full editor for them (e.g emotes, links, formatting etc) whereas this was not possible before. Also as far as I'm aware the size limit has also been lifted. It is simply not practical to load full status feeds, fully formatted into such a tiny amount of space with a full WYSIWYG editor.

A shortcut link to the status on their profile might be handy though.

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, Interferon said:

I just updated our community from 3.x to 4.1 and I'm wondering where our status updates and blog hooks went.  Without having those on the main forum page, they will never get used.  We might as well get rid of those features entirely.

There are default blocks for both of those.  Make sure you're logged into admin, then on the front-end open up the Block Manager.  

You may also want to check out Advanced Status Updated in the Marketplace.  

Archived