shoutbox for 4.0

gerard001

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​May make no sense but unlike others i like as for feedback before building this makes more sense :) 

​Compare it to Commerce or Pages. Ah, this (hear everybody for everything), won't work very well. You'll always have people that wants A, people that wants B. It's just like the widget discussion a few posts above.

Anyway, good luck on your cruzade. My post was just to point some very obvious on ACP menus. Nothing else...

Does it link new topics without a 2nd modification for it?​

Topic Alert is app on not created by Invision Focus and at this moment in time we plan on keeping very simple and slowly add items to the shoutbox i will work with everyone build create shoutbox but there going be time where i going say what going be added now or later or may not be done by Invision Focus this might not be everyone taste but way keep it simple and easy.

if any like to be beta tester first will need sign up over on invision focus site this because all test info and requirement and bugs listing will be there, i have no error free version and few little tweaks but happy provide a version to people to test.

at this moment in time we plan on keeping very simple

​I get this part, but having it display new topics isn't like adding most features. It makes a suggestion to users to do an action and displaying something to counter a flaw that many people have with shoutboxes (that they take away activity from the forums).

Still waiting for approval since about 9 hours over at invisionfocus.com :rofl:

moved to correct group.

You and me both. I feel like a seven year old on Christmas Eve.

​sent you PM

Registered and did as I was told earlier this evening. Anxiously waiting to hear back!

​also sent PM

​I get this part, but having it display new topics isn't like adding most features. It makes a suggestion to users to do an action and displaying something to counter a flaw that many people have with shoutboxes (that they take away activity from the forums).

​Jura we provide app that allows people use, how the admin chooses to use that app really down to them but the new topic is not owned by us was created in 3.4.x by José A he owns right for add on.

​I've not found that the Shoutbox detracts from forum activity. I have found it helps to keep the forum itself on topic and that general conversation takes place in the Shoutbox. We simply ask our members not to use the Shoutbox for help and advice that would better benefit our members as a forum post.

Archived