shoutbox for 4.0

gerard001

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No using hook locations but might go down the widget route still little unsure what best way would be. So before start building the public side to much please could you guys tell me if like Widget (this allow any location you like so not limited to area) or Hook like 3.4.x only limited to locations that been selected in Admin CP.

​Having flexibility around placement would be a great feature.

I don't know, If I would like it chilling in my sidebar so why not have the fix locations.

​Thats the beauty of a widget. If you dont want it in your sidebar like some other forums might, you can place it one of the other designated areas with the ease of a drag and drop. Being a widget does not limit the location to a sidebar as I think some people here assume.

​Thats the beauty of a widget. If you dont want it in your sidebar like some other forums might, you can place it one of the other designated areas with the ease of a drag and drop. Being a widget does not limit the location to a sidebar as I think some people here assume.

That was not what I was pointing out. I was saying that why waste the resources of making it a widget when many to most will use it on top where it would make more sense. I would assume it would save time on dev to not make it resizable and a widget

That was not what I was pointing out. I was saying that why waste the resources of making it a widget when many to most will use it on top where it would make more sense. I would assume it would save time on dev to not make it resizable and a widget

​We don't use it on the top, our users hated it on the top. We are using on the sidebar instead where users are happy to see and use it.

Archived