shoutbox for 4.0

gerard001

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'm not reading anything in this topic but expressions of love for the shoutbox. 'Bring it back ASAP' = 'We love the Shoutbox'.

​If you actually read the context of my reply, I started out by stating it's been through a number of developers because it was too demanding. Why don't you read/quote everything I said instead?

I would love extra hand :) but hard find people that like help for free you find lot people like provide help at cost extra hands would make the shoutbox built quicker.

Hello

i have an idea

but it would be great that an employee of ipb would say I help Petet a while with
for them it is a piece of cake they know the board inside out
and if we actually would collect some money because it need not be done for free.

I am quite interested in because I get almost every day an email with the question how far it is
and this also applies to a hide function

Hello

i have an idea

but it would be great that an employee of ipb would say I help Petet a while with
for them it is a piece of cake they know the board inside out
and if we actually would collect some money because it need not be done for free.

I am quite interested in because I get almost every day an email with the question how far it is
and this also applies to a hide function

​Which is why I think this ought to be a paid app.  Some of these more complex ones deserve such and authors need to be paid.

Any chance the new shoutbox can have the extender included where you can include posts / threads as shouts and actually have them setup permission wise so people only see shouts of posts or threads they're supposed to see.

Would be very useful it's something that helps let everyone on my board know about new posts and threads but there is a few hidden forums that I cant use because there is no actual permissions for most users but it still shows the shout for everyone.

I hope there still will be refresh rate change, and please don't make a limit to 30.. i usually have it on 2-3 seconds and i have no issue with my server

i use this "shoutbox" for chat for my forum, members chat in it more.. they don't want to wait 30 seconds for 1 message

I hope there still will be refresh rate change, and please don't make a limit to 30.. i usually have it on 2-3 seconds and i have no issue with my server

i use this "shoutbox" for chat for my forum, members chat in it more.. they don't want to wait 30 seconds for 1 message

​yes refresh rate going be one the settings i going over the settings at moment and see if people need me add few or remove any but believe so far ones chosen will be good.

Global Settings

Shoutbox Title
Shoutbox Announcements
Default Height
Shouts Displayed Per Page

Online/Offline

On/Off
Offline Message

Shouts

Flood Limit
Shout Max Length
Stop shouting in Shouts

Refresh

Inactivity Cutoff
Members Viewing refresh Rate
Shouts Refresh Rate

I will also says twitter will NOT be supported in basic version as feel to many issues with twitter but if guys come up any settings or functions then happy provide reply to if going be added now or later or will not be added into basic version.

The plan will be following Shoutbox will have Basic Version very simple and easy to use and have very little functions but will allow shoutbox to work as would in 3.4.x then at later stage a second version will become ready called Shoutbox Plus this version will have few extra but the extra will be at extra cost i believe this will reduce the amount problems and allow people to choose right version for there forum, it also will work for all apps so if only wanted Commence with Shoutbox you could. 

The plan is at moment have Shoutbox have own area like now but wanted know if happy have like that or under the heading community ? again this ideas being bonce off why the Shoutbox being built ready for stable Beta, once that ready i will hand pick selected people to test the app out so i can be sure meets all boards, also when the beta comes out it WILL NOT be supporting UPGRADING from 3.4.x to 4.0.x this will come at RC stage or little later depending on bugs found during beta.

​yes refresh rate going be one the settings i going over the settings at moment and see if people need me add few or remove any but believe so far ones chosen will be good.

Global Settings

Shoutbox Title
Shoutbox Announcements
Default Height
Shouts Displayed Per Page

Online/Offline

On/Off
Offline Message

Shouts

Flood Limit
Shout Max Length
Stop shouting in Shouts

Refresh

Inactivity Cutoff
Members Viewing refresh Rate
Shouts Refresh Rate

I will also says twitter will NOT be supported in basic version as feel to many issues with twitter but if guys come up any settings or functions then happy provide reply to if going be added now or later or will not be added into basic version.

The plan will be following Shoutbox will have Basic Version very simple and easy to use and have very little functions but will allow shoutbox to work as would in 3.4.x then at later stage a second version will become ready called Shoutbox Plus this version will have few extra but the extra will be at extra cost i believe this will reduce the amount problems and allow people to choose right version for there forum, it also will work for all apps so if only wanted Commence with Shoutbox you could. 

The plan is at moment have Shoutbox have own area like now but wanted know if happy have like that or under the heading community ? again this ideas being bonce off why the Shoutbox being built ready for stable Beta, once that ready i will hand pick selected people to test the app out so i can be sure meets all boards, also when the beta comes out it WILL NOT be supporting UPGRADING from 3.4.x to 4.0.x this will come at RC stage or little later depending on bugs found during beta.

​Seems good! 

Select specific members as moderators and let members delete/edit own shouts?

I was thinking, instead of redirecting to "full page" shoutbox t oedit shouts, can't you make something that pops up? it's really annoying to redirect to moderate shouts too

example would be this on a forum, you double click the shout to edit

just click 2 edit :) would be sick

Well done Pete T

43193-NYbji-original.thumb.jpg.4bf988fec

​yeah i cant wait to pay for it for some reason, i though all other hooks was expensive but i dont care how much this one will cost, i'll be first one buying it lol XD

hope we can see beta soon

i dont know if it matters but i can probaly test it out if your needing, my server is running nginx/memcached + pagespeed

The plan is at moment have Shoutbox have own area like now but wanted know if happy have like that or under the heading community ?

​Good news, I support the idea of two versions. My community will probably use basic version (we simply don't need anything more advanced), but I will happily donate a few bucks.

As for the question... under the heading, definitely, my users wouldn't like the idea of having to switch to a new page to use Shoutbox. It is a kind of a "resting place" to casually drop a few lines of text, and it's visible on every page in forum app.

@Morpheus NS If all goes to plan would only be in location you like example if like only forum app then all settings and controls would work there no second page but will need really work on that.

And Shoutbox Admin CP 

Global Settings

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.b83cdd44079408e44

Offline/Online Settings

Screenshot_10.thumb.png.e54c69d94a8576e8

Shouts Settings

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.50be6c461ff27696

Ajax Refresh

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.c5af5a9522fc25ee

Note i just noticed spelling Ajax wrong oops but that fixed now.

Screenshot_10.png

No using hook locations but might go down the widget route still little unsure what best way would be. So before start building the public side to much please could you guys tell me if like Widget (this allow any location you like so not limited to area) or Hook like 3.4.x only limited to locations that been selected in Admin CP.

No using hook locations but might go down the widget route still little unsure what best way would be. So before start building the public side to much please could you guys tell me if like Widget (this allow any location you like so not limited to area) or Hook like 3.4.x only limited to locations that been selected in Admin CP.

​I don't like it when the sidebar is on the same height as the shoutbox. i prefer it as a hook location, or a option to change it so the sidebar will be under the shoutbox.

Archived