Album Link Field

album-link-logo.png.d78b077806b9f877f126Album Link Field

The album link field is a plugin which adds a new custom field to your cms databases called "Album Link". The album link field allows you to link albums to your database records.

You can configure the field to allow the selection of existing albums, or to allow the creation of a new album in a specific category, or both.

Features

• Built for IPS Pages / CMS
  • Link existing gallery albums with records
  • Allow new albums to be created and linked on the fly
  • Record workflow and image upload workflow are chained together
  • Built-in mini-album display on records pages
  • Built-in "linked" content display on album pages
  • Set custom permissions for linked albums
  • Control album placement categories

Marketplace:

Album Link Field

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, icedream said:

Hi Kevin,

Any plans on supports for Downloads App? I am looking for an application that any members can upload their own pictures to the Downloads file, and this looks very much the same. :wub:

Its all hardwired to the pages app. Unfortunately its not very interchangeable. However, cant images already be attached to file downloads through core functionality?

• 1 year later...

Hi @Kevin Carwile,

Quick question: I'm considering purchasing this plugin, but was wondering if it plays nice with articles in Collabs?  Any known issues?

I assume they function all right together, but since as you say an album workflow is linked with its article, what happens for example to a linked album if its article is moved out of a Collab (or deleted)?

Edited by liquidfractal

Hi Kevin,

Just purchased your Album Link plugin, which I find quite useful!  I notice the following however:

If I create a new article in a Collab category and choose to create a new album to link to within a Gallery category in that Collab, when I save the article I get a Page Not Found error.  However, when I return to the article it has been saved and the album has been created.

It also seems that the "mini-album" display at the bottom of an article with a linked album doesn't always work.  In my case: so far as I can tell, if I link to an album which has been created inside a Collab I get the images at the bottom of the article.  However, if I change this to link to an album created months ago and which doesn't reside in a Collab I only get a link to the album.

I also see that if one sets the Link Album function to optional, and then creates an article without a linked article, the article is presented in the listing with a null value for the Related Album flag under the title, like so:

relatedalbum0.jpg.f29c645ae9ffa00020d424ef773f621d.jpg

EDIT: I also notice now that when I delete my test article from my Collab category the articles section is now empty, but the count still reads "1 item in this category."  Not even clicking the Recount Collab Stats button fixes this right now.1entry.thumb.jpg.0a3314c9167e7f7e4ac58d54478ba9db.jpg

In fact, when I add a new article to this db category and save it, the count remains at 1.  Even if I add two test articles, then delete them both the count remains at 1.

Moreover, after creating two test linked albums and deleting them, and recounting the Collab stats, the count for my Collab Gallery reads "-1 items."

Hope this helps troubleshooting and debugging.  I'll keep tinkering and post my followup here.

Edited by liquidfractal

I also find that when I create an article linked to an album created from scratch (and go through the Page Not Found and return to the article), if one clicks the album name in the article listing (the black heading under the title), it doesn't actually take you to the album - it takes you to the article.  You have to click the link once more (in the article) to get to the album.

• 3 months later...

I've just purchased @opentype's SuperQuotes plugin, but unfortunately I think there's a software conflict here.  With Album Link Field enabled, when I attempt to add a quote to the SuperQuotes database the following error is thrown:

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\cms\hook630::buildHelper() must be an instance of IPS\cms\Records or null, instance of Closure given, called in /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code on line 115 (0)
#0 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(115): IPS\cms\hook630->buildHelper('', Object(Closure), NULL, 0)
#1 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(426): IPS\cms\hook951::fields(Array, 'add', Object(IPS\cms\Categories26), 0, NULL)
#2 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(21): IPS\cms\_Records::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\cms\Categories26))
#3 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\cms\rules_hook_ipsCmsRecords::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\cms\Categories26))
#4 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(75): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\cms\Categories26))
#5 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(547): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\cms\Categories26))
#6 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->form()
#7 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(325): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(123): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1256): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render()
#10 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2176): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#11 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(177): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#12 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->__call('form', Array)
#13 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#15 /home/XXX/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

The CMS says: " This error was probably caused by the plugin Album Link Field. "

I'm hoping there might be some kind of a (quick?) fix for this....? :unsure:

• 2 months later...
On 28/01/2018 at 2:27 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

I purchased the plugin..installed it and when I went to add new field   in database

it showed

image.thumb.png.d43dd557466b5d672a83d97710e59c97.png

after disabling it was all good again...

So I want to link....   how to go about it

I have the same problem when I create or edit a field from ACP.

IPB 4.2.7, PHP 7 and Mysql 5.7.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 7:21 PM, kalderwin said:

I have the same problem when I create or edit a field from ACP.

IPB 4.2.7, PHP 7 and Mysql 5.7.

Is this working for you ?

On 2/3/2018 at 3:44 AM, Kevin Carwile said:

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I would need to have a look at your site to be of further assistance. Please provide details of how to access your ACP via PM. Thanks.

Given 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...