Upgrade from IP. 3.4.x to IPS4.0 (updated)

It worked! Thank you! But now I'm getting this error while upgrading:

Duplicate entry '9810' for key 'PRIMARY'
/home/hiper/public_html/forum/applications/core/setup/upg_40000/upgrade.php::1842

I can't post the sql query as the forum keep blocking my post.

Any ideas why this is happening ? (The upgade error not the post blocking)

The upgrade system give me the choice to continue anyway. But Is it safe to continue ?

Edited by FabioPaz

Line 1842 in that file seems to deal with reports, so it would seem you have a duplicate entry in your reports table somehow. 

One possible reason is that the report it tries to convert has already been converted and something caused it to incorrectly convert it one more time. In which case I think it would be fine to simply click continue to see if that resolves the issue. 

You can paste the query to somewhere like http://pastebin.com/ instead.

Either way, you are an active client. So you should probably send a support ticket to IPS so they can have a look :)

4 minutes ago, TSP said:

Line 1842 in that file seems to deal with reports, so it would seem you have a duplicate entry in your reports table somehow. 

One possible reason is that the report it tries to convert has already been converted and something caused it to incorrectly convert it one more time. In which case I think it would be fine to simply click continue to see if that resolves the issue. 

You can paste the query to somewhere like http://pastebin.com/ instead.

Either way, you are an active client. So you should probably send a support ticket to IPS so they can have a look :)

Thank you for the help.

I just created a ticket.

On Friday, September 25, 2015 12:37:01, mark007 said:

During the upgrade process form 3.4.7 to the latest 4.x Version I'll got very often a 403 Forbidden error. Did anyone know whats the reason or how I can solve this problem? Normally I had to refresh the site in order to proceed.

A 403 error is usually the page can't be displayed at the time. If a refresh does not work immediately try a hard refresh Ctrl-Alt-Delete and see if that works for you.

I'm trying to upgrade the production board after testing it successfully for 2 weeks.

Does any body have an idea why I'm getting this error:
ipb4-upgrade-error.thumb.png.2c62dbc1560
after I run this on phpmyadmin?
ipb4-upgrade-error-01.thumb.png.f535aaf5

I have restored the DB a couple times, but I'm still getting the same error over and over.

Thanks in advance.

On 5.10.2015,, Woodsman said:

@Ugur Kaya When you say after upgrading, are you speaking 3.4.x to 4.0?

If so all 3.4.x skin themes, custom skin images, applications hooks or plugins of any form will not work with 4.0.

Yes i was speaking about 3.4x to 4.0 i mean profile images (avatars) not any themes or plugins.

29 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Unfortunately even profile images can be effected.

What I had to do here was via ACP - Members Go to each member in the Uploads - Profile directory in the root and add each one at a time.

This was a bit time consuming indeed.

Do you mean uploading the avatars manually ? Can the ips staff upgrade me to 4 ?

6 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Yes they can upgrade and bring over the avatars as well.

And Yes if you decide to do it yourself each will need to be done manually. :cry:

Than i will wait for the ips staff but imagine you have 300 k members (which is not my case but) uploading avatars manually can take time.

4 hours ago, media said:

3.4.8 to 4.0 upgrade

If you renamed your admin folder in 3.4.8, how would you proceed to upgrade 4.0???

Thanks

If you see the guide in forst post you dont need the admin folder to do the upgrade.

So you perform the upgrade and you will have a new admin directory.

Then rename it as you want.

Hello ! :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for the tutorial. I've never made installation or upgrade tests.

My community's database is 9Gb big and my public_html directory is about the same size. What if I create a duplicate website on my server, instead of using softwares like wamp ? I suppose it will be easier ? What should I care about ?

Thank you  :)

Hello @SecondSight 1st You are welcome I'm glad you enjoyed the read.

Yes this article is written to upgrade in both worlds. Localhost via Wamp, Xampp or any other local based webserver. It is also designed to be used for live server tests as well. If you are planning to do the later upgrade it will work just fine.

Have fun testing...

3 hours ago, SecondSight said:

Hello ! :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for the tutorial. I've never made installation or upgrade tests.

My community's database is 9Gb big and my public_html directory is about the same size. What if I create a duplicate website on my server, instead of using softwares like wamp ? I suppose it will be easier ? What should I care about ?

Thank you  :)

I have done it many times....

I just created a subdomain of my main site and make the test upgrade there ....