Looks like RC1 is out :)

K4RL

• Management

I'll hold my breath just now, great that it's out but I think it might be a little premature, considering 6 pages of pending bugs remain.

​I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted something like that :)

We have been working based on the priority of bugs. Yes there are lots of other bugs posted but a dozen "this is 2 pixels off" or "this language bit isn't quite right" are things that are not critical. They're also things we can swoop through in no time once more important bugs are sorted.

You can sort the bug tracker by priority (I just enabled it) so you can see what I mean how the lower priority bugs are certainly valid and will be fixed but do not really hold things up.

Don't get me wrong @Charles I'm delighted it's out, it means we are a step closer to a final and the RC is supported which is always a good thing and we'll start to see 3rd party apps being released now as well (I presume).

I was just looking through the bugs earlier and a couple are marked as critical and I would have thought these would have been looked at / fixed before the 1st RC was released (maybe even down to 3 pages of bugs).

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be critical ;)

I'll hold my breath just now, great that it's out but I think it might be a little premature, considering 6 pages of pending bugs remain.

​Actually, just 5. Most of them are insignificant cosmetic issues like this one: http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/added-a-article-r2284/

That's why they are now marking bugs as normal, high and critical priority. They'll probably fix all the "normal" ones in a couple of hours before the final release.

• Management

@Charles & IPS Team welldone on reaching RC1!  A milestone well worked for and achieved.  
Looking forward to migrating our community over to IPS4 in the coming months, we've just deleted our BETA installs and will start with RC1 as a base.

​Thanks :) Now the hard part starts!

@Charles i presume for the moment that you follow common practice with RC releases its now feature locked and its now solve all bugs. If so the next version that will hold new features will be 4.1 and what about improvements any version or also 4.1?

Well done on reaching RC status onwards to gold.

• Management

@Charles i presume for the moment that you follow common practice with RC releases its now feature locked and its now solve all bugs. If so the next version that will hold new features will be 4.1 and what about improvements any version or also 4.1?

Well done on reaching RC status onwards to gold.

​We will do improvements as we go through 4.0.x too. We have lots of things clients have pointed out that we want to do. So small things (search improvements, interface tweaks, minor feature additions/enhancements, etc.) in 4.0.x and big things in 4.1.

​We will do improvements as we go through 4.0.x too. We have lots of things clients have pointed out that we want to do. So small things (search improvements, interface tweaks, minor feature additions/enhancements, etc.) in 4.0.x and big things in 4.1.

​are you going to make an entry on the blog regarding the RC1?

Archived