Group Collaboration

Hi Kevin

Could we possibly have a few other options as well;

Abiity to choose how many collaborations appear in the list on the category overview on a per category basis.

Ability to disable Collabs displaying on a members profile card or some way that they are truncated, again on a per category basis would be ideal as this list becomes quite long and messy.

Latest post info on the category listing page with Collabs appearing in bold if they contain new content and total post stats within a collaboration on the category listing  page just as forum categories work as an alternative layout to the existing to provide more flexibility and again layouts selected on a per category basis.

Lastly a latest post sidebar block for posts from collabs to help integrate their content across the rest of the suite. Choice of which categories to include would be superb.

Sorry for the wish list but I'm just wanting to make this more flexible.

Thanks

Hi there,

Loving the application so far! We're just rolling it out publicly now but it's a very solidly built product - congratulations.

I have a small suggestion, not sure if it's in the works/previously suggested though. The blocks so far are still named as "collaborations". We renamed ours to say "factions" but the Featured Collaborations block hasn't renamed.

I'm also interested to know if it's possible to have moderators, or some exception/group that can view all the forums despite being hidden for non-members, so the groups can still be monitored without having to join each one? Apologies if I've just missed that functionality somewhere.

I have a small suggestion, not sure if it's in the works/previously suggested though. The blocks so far are still named as "collaborations". We renamed ours to say "factions" but the Featured Collaborations block hasn't renamed

​The titles of blocks are changed through the language system. Search for "block_featuredCollabs", and "block_latestCollabs".

I'm also interested to know if it's possible to have moderators, or some exception/group that can view all the forums despite being hidden for non-members, so the groups can still be monitored without having to join each one? Apologies if I've just missed that functionality somewhere.

​There is a moderator permission on the moderators configuration form inside the ACP. Members -> Moderators -> {Edit moderator/group} -> Collab Management tab

Enable the option: "Unrestricted by collab permissions ".

Hi @Kevin Carwile 

One of the big pushes from my community now that we are really utilising GC is that the sidebar currently is generic to all collabs which only allows for generic content. Have you any thoughts on how sidebar blocks could be collab specific so that the content in the sidebar is relevant to that collab area? Not sure how it could work, i guess it would need the default methodology that IPS deploys where each level of each application is considered a separate side bar to becoming each collab overview, collab forum view and each collab topic view would need to become unique as far as side bars are concerned. Not sure if this is achievable and it there could be a toggle switch to allow generic or make them individual?

Look forward to your views.

Thanks

Have you any thoughts on how sidebar blocks could be collab specific so that the content in the sidebar is relevant to that collab area?

GC already hooks in to the core methods in the framework to limit content in that way. So if you have a sidebar widget placed that shows the most recent topics for example, those topics will only be the most recent for the collab being viewed.

Are you saying that its not behaving that way on your site? Unless the widget is bypassing core methodology to pull its data, this should work for any widget.

Similarly, a recent topics widget on the main site (not in a collab) should show topics from the main site forums and also any topics in collabs that the user has permission to view.

Does this app require a special other IPS app? I plan to use IPS Core and only Group Collaboration on a project.

GC enables the use of other apps in collaborative mode. Without any other apps, you would be able to create collaborations, comment, rate, and manage memberships... however there would be no other apps in the system that could be used for collaborative use (such as forums).

Just got another point which would be interesting. Is there a point/idea integrate 'Pages' add on? You got support for nearly every application, but 'Pages' would be really interesting for a lot of my collabriations and planed collabriations.

I used to have different gaming communities under the collabriation tab, most of them want also statspages, it could be made barely easy with the pages application.

Im also unknown if it was requested or not. But would be maybe a great addition :-)

Regards

Hello,

I would very much appreciate any stronger graphical representation/output on the forum main page - in a form of hooks, for example:

1. Collaborations could have outputs looking similar to forums - like it is in Social Groups add-on, i have upgrade from Social Groups and miss this feature a lot.

2. The current hooks could have option of displaying the Collaboration Images - again how it was in Social Groups,

Regards,

Just got another point which would be interesting. Is there a point/idea integrate 'Pages' add on? You got support for nearly every application, but 'Pages' would be really interesting for a lot of my collabriations and planed collabriations.

It works with pages. Just create a database that uses categories, add it to a page, and enable it for use in collaborations in your collab category setup.

I am in the process of moving some forums to GC. 

Eventually these will be given to a different member as owner of the group - how can I enroll these people and promote them to owner with out having to invite them and wait for them to joint the group?

You could use the option to Login as them to process the Join Request on their behalf and assign them once they have joined.

You could use the option to Login as them to process the Join Request on their behalf and assign them once they have joined.

Thank's i think i found it easier to log in as them have them create a new GC then i can move the forums over to that GC.  

@Kevin Carwile perhaps in a future release when moving to forums to colab perhaps another field to choose the primary owner so an admin can create a colab, move and assign in one shot. 

How do I create a model and hide it but then not have to see it on a daily basis?

Thoughts:

1: Model Templates ( without content and hidden) should be omitted from the default view  ( and a filter next to the sort option - to show all, visible or hidden colabs) 

2: Model Templates based on existing colabs should have prompt for a generic "Model Name" so that when a user is creating a new colab the display is using the template name vs the name of an existing colab - company B creating their group based on the a company A - (who is flagged as a model) - just doesn't feel right and can be more confusing.

Edited by Ocean West

GC's  with redirect forums are not displaying the redirect counts.

---

Redirect forums vs something built in? ( feature request )

I would like to see something built in to the GC Description or Settings page that allows the member to specify one or two url redirect link to some other site, and also have it track clicks to that site - it could appear in in the section below the cover image next to the group leader.  It would feel more modern as redirect forums take up a lot of space and break up continuity. 

Need instructions (to edit template) or future switch to turn on or off GRID view. The current grid view the css is a bit off and there is no padding from the text to the edge of the boxes. - My only work around to get rid of grid view is to take all forums out of the parent forum.