Group Collaboration

Is there an option to display collaboration groups in a category similar to clubs?

I like the grid display view (realized in clubs) and it would be of advantage to already show "collaboration groups/club header/cover images" in the overview, as well as important members (admins, mods, contributors with highest amount of contents)

Requested:

• grid/tile overview with header/cover images in group collaboration
  • show most important or most liked members with avatar preview in a row
  • show an introduction text (short version) on the tile

Hello,

Could you please tell me if it supports

1. Grid display in Categories (2 per row should be perfect)
  2. Tab display of content in Group page.

Thank you

Chris

Edited: I think that I was in rush to post it as the above post seems similar. But again I want to be 100% sure.

Edited by ChrisTERiS
3 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

Could you please tell me if it supports

1. Grid display in Categories (2 per row should be perfect)
  2. Tab display of content in Group page.

Thank you

Chris

Edited: I think that I was in rush to post it as the above post seems similar. But again I want to be 100% sure.

No, it does neither of those things specifically. Sounds like you are asking for clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just encountered a bug.

I have a bunch of categories, each with a default collab that I've made invisible and flagged as Model. This way, users can make their own collabs and they are all made to specifications in advance. Great!

However, I decided to make a new, updated default model. I deleted the old default collab from each category, moved in the new and flagged it as Model instead.

However, now two models pop up when a user wants to make a new collab - the old and the new - and I cannot unflag the old Model because... I've deleted it. I'm seemingly stuck with it forever as an option to confuse my users.

Options looks like this:

FixYouCSSEupo.thumb.jpg.a083fe49acca1bcaf0e75b83873121ca.jpg

I'll work around it by creating new categories and move everything over. Just thought I'd you all know to look out for it and maybe @Kevin Carwile can find a fix at some time, if it is reproduce-able by others.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am testing around group collaboration and thinking about adding it also as part of the monetization for the new community. 

The community deals with different smaller teams/groups/companies and how to plan growth/find services/colleagues/co-worker etc

Has anybody yet realized how to set up the plugin as a monetization? Like only allow a certain group to use the plugin and this group is part of a paid membership?

The issue that I see is that all members then have to be part of the paid member group and it would be hard to invite e.g. a temporary service provider or so to the collaboration? Better would something like a monthly fee paid by one user who creates and manages the collab and can invite or kick whoever he wants? Is this doable? Has anybody realized something like that yet?

Would be interested to hear about experiences from other.

Thank you.

Marian

The permissions on the Collaboration category can be set per member group to allow certain members to be able to create collabs in that category while other member groups can join. So you simply sell memberships to the group that can create collabs, and then they can invite other members from any other group that you are allowing to participate in the collabs for that category.

Thank you Kevin. This makes sense. Still would be interesting to hear if somebody already realized that in business terms.

One think though. What would happen if e.g. somebody would not pay like a recurring amount and would not be in that Collab anymore, which he founded. Could it be realized that the colab then be closed for new activity or somebody else takes over? 

I guess this is not build in but maybe could be realized with the Rules App here in the store?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Yes. Not sure what exactly you are asking, but I'm sure that you can do it. There is member management for each collab, and ACP permissions settings for each collab category.

I mean

gc_changeleader.PNG.0d7b3a2f3ae6e0fd93558ab1cbb97b4c.PNG

1 minute ago, kmk said:

I mean

gc_changeleader.PNG.0d7b3a2f3ae6e0fd93558ab1cbb97b4c.PNG

Like this

gc_changeleader1.PNG.9fa69ca115d3b69a80fa2d517af44f63.PNG

I did it, but dont show the change on the page.

You can see I have admins roles disable for Admin, but anything have chenged.

One thing that I can achive is, give to a member the admin roles and work. But on the page do not show the member like the leader.

gc_membership1.PNG

gc_membership2.PNG

gc_membership3.PNG

Hello, right now Users can see topics posted by other users? this option let user open a topic where other member can not see, I use this feature to support a customer with privacy.

I would like suggest, or request 2 things, because I think I need it to complete the support scene:

1. Let leader and moderator open a topic where their can assign which member can see and post. Right now is obligatory member open topic first, because if staff open a topic, only for staff.

2. After a member open a topic, right now the rule is this topic only for the member and staff. Add moderator option where can assign other or others members to this topic.

Obviously permission to delete members too.

Please

gc_addprivilegetosee.PNG

gc_addprivilegetosee2.PNG

gc_addprivilegetosee3.PNG