Group Collaboration

Hi

I've just installed Group Collaboration demo in my cloud install.

It installed ok but as I started to config the app I started to get http 500 errors.

I then tried to uninstall it and it got halfway through but again gave me a 500 error.

Now I am left in an app that won't uninstall - it's still shown as installed in the list of apps, but it's not visible in the control panel config area.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Many thanks

Chris

14 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

That depends on what caused the 500 errors. Any logs on that?

I'm new to the platform - but checked system and error logs. Nothing there.

To give you a better idea,  If I try and change category permissions it throws:

xxxxx is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

And also after I've created a Group/Collaboration there are no menu options in the Collaboration itself on the front end. It seems like it didn't create properly.

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me the benefit of using this plugin vs the built in clubs system?

One thing that really lacks in the clubs system is the ability for the forum to act like a forum. (ie. making a category with forums under it etc)

Does Collab do this? I wanted to download the demo but it doesn't seem to work on the 4.x boards.

I'd basically like to make a "group" and allow full control over it by the group creator/leader. I'd also like that leader to be able to make their own pages inside their group. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for all of your information and help.

16 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

@joshuaj

Yeah. It does all of that. Only the paid version is compatible with 4.2.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your fast reply. So the users can create their own pages inside of the group? That is really fantastic. I'll def get a copy of it. Do you plan to continue to develop this plugin for future releases even if it does seem similar to the built in clubs feature?

On 5/9/2017 at 6:10 PM, joshuaj said:

Hey Kevin,

So the users can create their own pages inside of the group? That is really fantastic. I'll def get a copy of it.

No, it sounds like you might've got this wrong.

Of course I may be mistaken somehow, but then I hope someone will correct me.

Users cannot create Pages. With GC they can create their own forums with their own, local moderators. Me, I'm making a default collab which will be how every new collab is. This includes permissions for their local moderators.

BTW, if you do that, be careful not to include posts in the flagged default collab - on my board, that seems to create some issues. Even if you create a post and delete it again, that collab is "infected" and can no longer be used as the default. Dunno why.

GC is awesome and as soon as I've actually used it with members and such, I'll be sure to leave some feedback and a rating :)

6 hours ago, Eupolemos said:

Users cannot create Pages. With GC they can create their own forums with their own, local moderators. Me, I'm making a default collab which will be how every new collab is. This includes permissions for their local moderators.

It seems they can make pages using the database function of IPS. You can set up a custom database and make it use the WYSWYG editor and the group owner can make pages. I'm testing it on my local beta copy and I created articles inside of my collab area. It even can use whatever template you decide to use.

What I would like to see is a way to make an actual page with the WYSWYG editor so that I can make an actual "Homepage" in the collabs. I'm still playing around with it and I'm sure I can do some "tweaking" to do this, but I'm not sure how yet. Plus I have to fly to Paris today and it's difficult to focus on things when I have to work haha.

collab.thumb.jpg.7f5839b62a42d902e8c4505608b701c1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello Kevin, I suggest add ability to change title font color

Already asked how to change it. Must be done by custom.css, but would be nice if it was built into the app vs. needing to do this by custom.css.

" Kevin replyed to me on this bit back on this forums..

Font styles can be changed via css through your theme editor.

Display format can be changed from the appropriate app settings tab/screen in your collab category configuration.

"

Any updates yet if your app will be more use able by any web phone? Still can't see the sub categories with the phone. 

Edited by mrbowers