Group Collaboration

6 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

I don't see of any way to import vb4 social groups to IPS clubs. Where are you seeing that?

10 minutes ago, Keviee. said:

I have not updated to 4.2 yet. Does this mean I cannot upgrade collaborations too?

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Lindy said "they could look into that" in the Clubs article but nothing else has been said. 

It's part of the converter app.

11 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

I don't see of any way to import vb4 social groups to IPS clubs. Where are you seeing that?

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

It's part of the converter app.

Yeah as Daniel says its in the converter right now although its a bit buggy but I am working with support to get it all sorted for us.

Its in the member/system info import section, the first stage of the converter.

Edited by ZeroHour
5 hours ago, Keviee. said:

I have not updated to 4.2 yet. Does this mean I cannot upgrade collaborations too?

I would wait and see what happens as collaborations gets updated to 4.2 as their are some problems with it. I post the problems and yet to see reply if it's my problem end or new update need for the collab to function correctly 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 1:30 AM, Kevin Carwile said:

No conflict. They work independent of each other. Although I have been tossing the idea around of setting GC up so collabs could have clubs inside of them. But that may be just getting too cute and/or redundant.

i dont think he's going too, lol

I think I would be try use collab like an app level admin(more feature), into collab offer clubs(more simple for members, and I think the club look better right now like a landing page for members) for members use.

Example:

- School (collab)

- school 1(club)

- school 2 (club)

- school 3 (club)

Or too...

- school 1

- school basket deparment

- school football deparment

- school admin deparment

39 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

@kmk You can do that with roles inside a collab. Simply create roles for school 1, school 2, basketball dept, football dept, etc. Each role can have different levels of access to resources within the collab based on the permissions you assign. Objective complete.

Sorry, maybe I explained not clearly. I mean I(admin) want use collab to manage clubs, like others features forum, calendar and more. And members can opening a club and owner it inside the collab.

Or say it simple, add club into the collab.

Sorry for my english, like a kid try to explain something..:lol:

Screenshot_2017-06-11-13-17-40.jpg

Edited by kmk
try explain better
7 minutes ago, kmk said:

Sorry, maybe I explained not clearly. I mean I(admin) want use collab to manage clubs, like others features forum, calendar and more. And members can opening a club and owner it inside the collab.

Or say it simple, add club into the collab.

Sorry for my english, like a kid try to explain something..:lol:

Screenshot_2017-06-11-13-17-40.jpg

My reasons to do that:

1. Good of collab is more features.

2. Good of club is core feature.

If can make it work together, win win.

Because they have similate function, if can work together I do not to think replace one for other.

48 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

Does this integrate with other addons? Like I have classifieds from Adriano installed, and would like the classifieds to work within the colabs like official ips apps do

Any app that follows the core IPS4 container/content design pattern is inherently compatible with GC without any additional integration needed. So the answer to that question depends on what standards that the "other addon" conforms to. That said, why dont you install both and give it a test and then let me know how it goes? I don't have the classifieds app to test myself.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Any app that follows the core IPS4 container/content design pattern is inherently compatible with GC without any additional integration needed. So the answer to that question depends on what standards that the "other addon" conforms to. That said, why dont you install both and give it a test and then let me know how it goes? I don't have the classifieds app to test myself.

I don't know either ?

I assume i can make use of the free demo version that's available here to find out?

ill report back with the findings! Thanks for the answer! 

5 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Any app that follows the core IPS4 container/content design pattern is inherently compatible with GC without any additional integration needed. 

:) I got it?  We will have club add into collab...or I wrong

Lots of replies on here holy crap. Anyways touch base if your app will be phone friendly any time soon ? 

Zoom in all the way on your desktop it will close out sections to make or view current sections. This acts the same if you load up your app on your phone.

Edited by mrbowers