Group Collaboration

1. Look on the member roles management page in the collab. Click the dropdown menu for any role group to choose bulk pm.

2. Modify this to fit your needs. 

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7662-move-topic-tofrom-collaboration-in-group-collaboration/

On 9/21/2015, 4:57:07, wohali said:

Finally, it doesn't seem to allow me to pick which database the article is associated with, it's picked my converted 3.x "Articles" database and given no other choices.

Not sure what you mean here...

3 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

1. Look on the member roles management page in the collab. Click the dropdown menu for any role group to choose bulk pm.

Thanks, this was not intuitive at all. Hooray! The UI could certainly be better here.

2. Modify this to fit your needs. 

I saw this, and how it's implemented earlier in this thread (meaning I'm not about to shell out $5 for it). I can intuit how it might be used to move an article as well as a topic. It's just unfortunate to me that this sort of workaround is required. It feels like a hack. Is it something that you can't easily support natively? I can live with it if I have to.

Not sure what you mean here...

Meaning that IPS4 Content has multiple content databases in which you could create entries . Our site currently has three databases defined. Under ACP > Community > (select a category) > Pages tab, I only see two of those databases listed. The third is not present. I can't figure out how to get the collab to recognize this third IPS Content database. What criteria are used to select an IPS Content database for display in the ACP for Group Community category pages?

I also noticed that any database entries created thru a collab, if the IPS Content category is set to create an forum post at the same time, will create that forum post in the (global) forum declared by the IPS Content category. There is no way to override this to, for instance, auto-create a forum post on a forum within that category. This seems to be a natural idea: someone in Collab A creates an article and wants to have the system auto-post a thread about her new article on a board within Collab A.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you'll probably recommend a rules-based workaround for this as well - am I right?

Any luck on the dev mode problem? It's really got me stuck in the water, trying to develop a modification to GC (as we discussed in our PM a couple of months ago).

Edited by wohali
2 hours ago, wohali said:

Meaning that IPS4 Content has multiple content databases in which you could create entries . Our site currently has three databases defined. Under ACP > Community > (select a category) > Pages tab, I only see two of those databases listed. The third is not present. I can't figure out how to get the collab to recognize this third IPS Content database. What criteria are used to select an IPS Content database for display in the ACP for Group Community category pages?

In order for a database to be usable by collaborations, it must implement categories and already be added to a page so that the database content is viewable.

I also noticed that any database entries created thru a collab, if the IPS Content category is set to create an forum post at the same time, will create that forum post in the (global) forum declared by the IPS Content category. There is no way to override this to, for instance, auto-create a forum post on a forum within that category. This seems to be a natural idea: someone in Collab A creates an article and wants to have the system auto-post a thread about her new article on a board within Collab A.

There is an override setting on all pages database category forms that can be used to do what you are describing.

override.thumb.png.95cb59b2aed102cf24f38

Any luck on the dev mode problem? It's really got me stuck in the water, trying to develop a modification to GC (as we discussed in our PM a couple of months ago).

PM me for dev files.

Hello Kevin,

I run a gaming community, and I have few game servers.

Some of those servers are roleplay servers and they have factions such as police departments, fire fighters, etc. I have a few questions.

I have premade forums for those factions and I want to keep it that way. WOuld I be able to "link" these groups to existing pre-made forums? So the admin of the group can mange those forums however they like?

Second question (according to the pictures its possible). I don't want create a cluster since I have a lot of servers I want to separate the groups to sections.

Game Name/Server Name | Group/Factions Names

Grand Theft Auto - IG Roleplay > Police Department, Firefighters, etc
Grand Theft Auto - Server for Pilots > American Airlines, Air Canada, etc.

Its kind of hard to explain what I want to do, in other words. I don't want like 20 separate servers to be all in one section, it will get confusing. 

1 hour ago, flashpoint said:

I have premade forums for those factions and I want to keep it that way. WOuld I be able to "link" these groups to existing pre-made forums? So the admin of the group can mange those forums however they like?

Yes. You can move existing forums into a collab.

1 hour ago, flashpoint said:

Second question (according to the pictures its possible). I don't want create a cluster since I have a lot of servers I want to separate the groups to sections.

Game Name/Server Name | Group/Factions Names

Grand Theft Auto - IG Roleplay > Police Department, Firefighters, etc
Grand Theft Auto - Server for Pilots > American Airlines, Air Canada, etc.

Its kind of hard to explain what I want to do, in other words. I don't want like 20 separate servers to be all in one section, it will get confusing. 

Was there a question in that?

Hi there. Just bought Collaboration. I think this gonna be great!

When I start creating stuff, things start to really slow to a crawl. I start to get 500 errors on the site.  When I disable the app, things are happy again.

I'm on Cloud at IPS.  4.0.13.1

Did I miss a step ?

Thanks!

JM

2 hours ago, socceronly said:

When I start creating stuff, things start to really slow to a crawl. I start to get 500 errors on the site.  When I disable the app, things are happy again.

Please PM me with ACP details for your site so I can investigate.

On 10/1/2015, 5:00:26, socceronly said:

I'm on Cloud at IPS.  4.0.13.1

Did I miss a step ?

Thanks!

JM

I have the same issue Kevin. I stopped using Collabs and rules sometime ago and then thought I would try it again after upgrading to 1.2.4. It was bad, so disabled again until I hear from you that the issue is fixed.

Kevin, is there a way to set the number of collaborations allowed to be created based on usergroups, as opposed to a default for everyone? For example, I would like basic members to only be able to create 1 collaboration, but paying members could create up to 5. If not, can this be added as a feature in a future version.

I realize that if a paying member has created 5 and reverts back to a non-paying member that could be an issue, but basically they just wouldn't be able to create anymore in the future.

6 minutes ago, ghinton said:

Kevin, is there a way to set the number of collaborations allowed to be created based on usergroups, as opposed to a default for everyone? For example, I would like basic members to only be able to create 1 collaboration, but paying members could create up to 5.

Look under the Group Collaboration tab of the member group editing form. That's where you will find that setting.

Hi,

Can each group have their own header graphic / photo for their community - IE if it were fandom and we have a global category say movies, could the harry potter fans group have a harry potter header, and the game of thrones group have a game of thrones header etc?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Fabby said:

I'm losing my motivation after serveral hours of fighting this.

$fuelconsumed = "$content->field55";
$fuelprice = 1.419;
$fuel1 = ($fuelconsumed * $fuelprice);
return $fuel1;

What is wrong with this? Its not doing its job :(

Without knowing what you mean, I'm going to take a guess that $content-> field55 is not what you think it is. Is this a pages record that you are working with using rules? If so, that should probably be $content->field_55.

Also why is it enclosed in quotes? That will be assigning a string value to $fuelconsumed which will be 0 as an number value in your math equation.

Edited by Kevin Carwile