Group Collaboration

Hello Kevin, I have just deleted your demo and it's wiped all of my forums from my site, please help with this issue as soon as you can please?

I apologize greatly for that. It is a bug that affected versions below 1.2.2. Its already been fixed, but you need to update to the latest version before uninstalling.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/407257-group-collaboration/?do=findComment&comment=2577438

I apologize greatly for that. It is a bug that affected versions below 1.2.2. Its already been fixed, but you need to update to the latest version before uninstalling.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/407257-group-collaboration/?do=findComment&comment=2577438

I lost about 3 days posts, not entirely happy but i guess it could have been worse.. Would you be happy to assist with the update and uninstall?

On 9/12/2015, 11:17:24, wohali said:

I'm curious, how would you go about adding collab category specific custom fields using Rules? Could you walk us through it quickly?

In the ACP, visit the Rules custom data fields screen, click the button to add a new data field, attach it to collabs (\IPS\collab\Collab), then choose an appropriate data type and field access setting for the way you want to use the field.

On 9/16/2015, 1:14:46, Pinto said:

One last question before I buy 

How you display this custom data fields in a collab  is itt like the database fields? Where we enter line with our key 

If you create an integer, float, or string custom data field and set it's access mode to public, it will be added to the collab header stats bar automatically for any member group given the 'view' permission on the data field.

Otherwise, any rules custom data field can be accessed/outputted via template tags such as:

{$collab->data_key}

I'm running into a problem where non-logged in people (site "guests") can see content in forums in all collabs.

I want to configure a collab so that all registered site members can read everything, whether they're members of the collab or not, but not non-logged in members.

For that, do I want Guest access off, but "All Active Members" on? What is the difference between All Active Members and Members?

I would also like to hide the fact that the collaboration itself is there for non-logged-in web users (e.g. GoogleBot) but I want them to be visible to logged-in members. Same thing - how do I fix this?

[EDIT: ] I've gone to the permissions tab for the collab category and turn off guest access to the collab, but with an exact URL to the collab (https://sitename/gc/##-collabname/) you are still able to see the collab name, # of members, "Since" date, collab leader, and collab menu before the "That page does not exist" error displays. I'd like this not to appear at all if possible.

Edited by wohali

In addition, even with all collab categories locked down, the "Latest Collab" block still appears and includes all of the collabs that should be locked down, again with name, owner and avatar.

Scratch that. After waiting for 30 minutes or so, the Latest Collabs block rebuilt itself without any of the content, and disappeared altogether. :)

I still need a solution to prevent information appearing if you know the exact URL to a collab. I'm also still unclear on what "All Active Members" is vs. "Members" in collab forum perms.

Edited by wohali

Collab header will be removed on permission denied page in next release.

The "all active members" permission applies to anybody who is an active collab member, regardless of any additional roles that are assigned to them in the collab. A collab guest is anybody who is not a collab member, including non site members and logged in members. To prevent non site members from accessing collab content, that permission is set on the collab category itself.

Hi Kevin,

I'm trying to enable Developer Mode on my website. When the Group Collaboration app is enabled (v1.2.3) I get errors. If I disable GC in the ACP and then turn on dev mode, I'm able to work in dev mode. Enabling or disabling other apps I've installed on my website has no effect, it's definitely GC that's causing problems.

Do I need to download dev mode files for Group Collaboration to work in dev mode as suggested by Invision Power, or is something else wrong? Where are the dev files for GC?

Error when accessing the ACP:

Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_NOTICE)

Trying to get property of non-object 

...system/Session/Admin.php line 107

'session_member_name'		=> $this->member->name ?: '-',

Error when accessing the "front side" (site itself):

Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_NOTICE)

Undefined index: data 

...system/Session/Front.php line 283

if ( $data !== $this->data['data'] or $this->data['member_id'] != $this->member->member_id )

I receive another more serious error in that case, that suggests I need dev/ files for collab.

On the "Front side":

BadMethodCallException

NO_TEMPLATE_FILE - .../applications/collab/dev/html/front/layouts/forumIndex.phtml  

in file ...system/Theme/Dev/Template.php (line 88)

throw new \BadMethodCallException( 'NO_TEMPLATE_FILE - ' . $file );

On the ACP/"Back Side", I'm able to log in, but it doesn't help much if I can't get onto the front side :(

Edited by wohali

Hi again Kevin,

While you're thinking about how to solve that one, we have two more requests.

1. The old 3.x Social Groups application used to allow group admins the ability to Mass PM an entire collaboration, or specific ranks within that collaboration. Might this functionality surface someday in GC?
  2. Similar to the issue with moving posts between regular forum boards and Collab forum boards, I'm having trouble determining how to move an article from a Collab Article category to the standard IPS. I see the move/copy category for an entire category to ve moved from IPS -> Collab, but no way to move individual articles, and no way to do the reverse. As with forum boards before you implemented the "Show in forum index" option, I'm not seeing the article category show up in the main Database content category listing. Finally, it doesn't seem to allow me to pick which database the article is associated with, it's picked my converted 3.x "Articles" database and given no other choices.
Edited by wohali