Group Collaboration

Is there a way to make sure that custom blocks only appear on specified collabs

For example, I have 3 categories, with a few collabs in each

Now if I put a block in collab 1 that is in category 1, I want it to appear in only that one, but it appears in all of them

Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Block placement is controlled entirely by IPS core. The same problem exists if you want a block to display only in a particular forum... there is no real way through IPS core to control that. It could potentially be built into the widget logic itself whether it should display itself or not, but the problem there is that GC does not control the internal widget logic (or the settings available on the widget configuration).

What really needs to happen is that the widget placement procedures in IPS core need to be changed to support global placement rules for widgets that resolve all the way down to individual pages instead of an entire app controller.

Bailing out...

I'm so sorry but I think maybe group collaborations isn't for me.  The more I look at it with the group owners running a forum within my main forum and I have very little control over that doesnt really suit my needs.   I wanted the businesses that join us to have place where people can add reviews for them but maybe there is another option with something else. Perhaps I can just use my site forums for same results and I've the control over them at the end of the day. As with most things its possible that business start a collab ( group) and never bother to come back and work the thing. So if they go AWOL then Im stuck with being unable to sort it out which doenst appeal to me at all.

I do think there must be some good use for collaborations ...  I'm not really sure what others success is.

I'm really sorry @Kevin Carwile

I Just thought for  while there it would be good for my site and I've no doubt many will find very good use for it but for me it sort of feels like facebook pages where people LIKE for the sake of it.  And then what can the group owners do?   As you can see I am confused to group collabs use for me. And I really do apologize for that.

:sad:

Edited by kar3n2

Block placement is controlled entirely by IPS core. The same problem exists if you want a block to display only in a particular forum... there is no real way through IPS core to control that. It could potentially be built into the widget logic itself whether it should display itself or not, but the problem there is that GC does not control the internal widget logic (or the settings available on the widget configuration).

What really needs to happen is that the widget placement procedures in IPS core need to be changed to support global placement rules for widgets that resolve all the way down to individual pages instead of an entire app controller.

Cheers fella, I thought that was the case :)

Kevin I am still awaiting a response , my community has now been down for 5 days and as you know ipb hosting says its your plugin that is causing the issues .

Please either fix or refund me as I am losing face with new members .

Sorry that you are losing face. However, you are experiencing intermittent 500 server errors. Errors which are server configuration related. Errors which (whatever they are) have not been disclosed to me.

Now I am more than willing to assist where I can, and I will absolutely bend over backwards to fix a problem with my software for you. As soon as we can confirm that there is one, I will definitely get it fixed.

There is also a bug in the calender system. If you create a calender, and you go to the calender screen and use add event like this:

2YyX7IP.png

You get back to the calender of the main forums and not the GC. You must press the create event button.

Has this been fixed please?

After clicking on the Collabs calendar, would it be possible to adjust it in such a way that 'all upcoming events are listed in the overview mode' as I have sketched it below? Currently, when members open the calendar it often seems empty even though the events are saved for say the upcoming months. This way the members would have a clear overview of what events are being planned.

calendar.thumb.jpg.4894a9e6813131ee8fda0

After clicking on the Collabs calendar, would it be possible to adjust it in such a way that 'all upcoming events are listed in the overview mode?

Yes... if a mod was made to add a view like that to calendars, it would affect all calendars.

GC in itself does not encapsulate features or templates from other apps by design, so something like that would need to be done as a seperate plugin/app.

Hi Kevin, If just installed our demo on a 4.0 demo system provided by Invision and are now not able to access any more sides in my admin CP course of a too may redirection message. Have I made some mistake, or have you got any idea? Many thanks in advance. 

PS: Your Group Collaboration looking great and would have been the exakt thing we are looking for - gerat work!

Has this been fixed please?

This has been addressed in the 1.2.1 release.

After clicking on the Collabs calendar, would it be possible to adjust it in such a way that 'all upcoming events are listed in the overview mode.

On second look, there is already a setting in the calendar app to choose which calendar view is shown by default.

ACP -> Community -> Calendar -> Settings

On second look, there is already a setting in the calendar app to choose which calendar view is shown by default. ACP -> Community -> Calendar -> Settings

The current Events Stream doesn't work exactly same way I proposed, it shows only a stream of events for each selected  month. If the current month has no events but the next month 10 events it would show a blank page, I was proposing the calendar shows all upcoming events in the stream. I will try to discuss this suggestion with IP team as well to see whether they would find my proposal interesting for more users..

Is it possible to set the access approval for private collaborations to the parent collaboration and then users are allowed to join and leave sub collaborations without admin action. 

The parent collaboration you are referring to is actually just a category. And categories do not have any access approval mechanisms built into them since nobody owns a category. The ability to join a collaboration inside the category is simply user group permission based.

Collaborations inside the category can also be set to free join mode so that no approval is required by the collab owner, therefore allowing members to join at will.

It then boils down to just giving "approved" members the correct member group to be able to join collabs in that category.

Does that work for your needs?

Critical Update! Fixed in 1.2.2

A bug was found which made it possible to delete all content from the site when uninstalling the Group Collaboration app. My apologies to anybody who was affected by this bug. Please update to version 1.2.2 before attempting to uninstall ANY previous version of the Group Collaboration app to ensure you are protected from this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions for this;

1.  Is it possible to change the collaboration icon as it apepars in the category listing

2. I know this question was asked before and you said it would be feasible, but not seen if it has been done yet or how to - soooooo, the question is - how can you apply a specific theme to a specific collaboration, rather than just at category level

Two questions for this;

1.  Is it possible to change the collaboration icon as it apepars in the category listing

2. I know this question was asked before and you said it would be feasible, but not seen if it has been done yet or how to - soooooo, the question is - how can you apply a specific theme to a specific collaboration, rather than just at category level

1. No settings included for that.

2. Only categories are supported at the moment.

• This setting controls the maximum amount of Forums which can be created per Team. 
  • Owners Can Add Forums?
    Off 
    If selected, Team owners will be able to add Forums on their own whenever they want. 
  • Owners Can Edit Forums?
    Off 
    If selected, Team owners will be able to edit existing Forums to suit their needs. 
  • Owners Can Delete Forums?
    Off 
    If selected, Team owners will be able to delete Forums that they don't need. 
  • Owners Can Reorder Forums?
    Off 
    If selected, Team owners will be able to change their arrangement of Forums. 
Problems keeps existing for these.