Group Collaboration

@Kevin Carwile

There are still some minior points thats keeps annoying my community members. (and myself)

For a starter, it would be nice to have no separate postcount. Just the postcount from the total site. (i know you can count them together, but in the group they only show you the post in that group, and mostly.. they are wrong. (i posted already 4 posts in a group and i shows 0 posts) (even after recounting in the admin menu)

Also its not that visible when their are new post and when not. I use the 'Unread' module and its not fully working with GC.
Look at screens:

This is the mainpage:

lSXuKu7.png

There are new posts, but its very hard to see where. When i press on 'Season 9' above league info i got this:

6jHqK3E.png

This is what it should be on the main page to.

Possible to fix this?

-----------------------

Also its not so easy to implement the groups in to the main forum. You can add a 'link' to a GC then you have something like this:

0GAJqRo.png

The first red box is a link to the group itself. Whats wrong here is that the avatar you see is NOT from the person who replied last.
The second red box is a link to a GC list (category) Here you just can see how many leagues there are and whats the last edited league, but NOT whats the last post. (which should be more handfull).

There is also a bug in the calender system. If you create a calender, and you go to the calender screen and use add event like this:

2YyX7IP.png

You get back to the calender of the main forums and not the GC. You must press the create event button.

Is it possible to have a look at these bugs/ changes? I would gave you my full coöperation for this.

Thnx in advance

Is there a way to set up the model so that each new gc creates a single forum that can accept posts...

Yes, set up the collab model as needed, then enable collab models on the category and make the model forced.

... with the name of the gc?

Could be done with some rules magic I suppose.

From my testing it looks like I have to create a category and then a forum.   Is that correct, or is it possible to create a GC with just a single postable forum? 

This is a built in behavior of the forums controller. But after you add a container forum and then a discussion forum, someone told me you can then reassign the discussion forum to have no parent and then remove the initial container forum.

If you set up a model this way, it can be replicated to new collabs as mentioned above.

It would be nice to have no separate postcount. Just the postcount from the total site. (i know you can count them together, but in the group they only show you the post in that group, and mostly.. they are wrong. (i posted already 4 posts in a group and i shows 0 posts) (even after recounting in the admin menu)

I could add a category override setting for that. But beware that it will affect other features such as the settings on forums to require a certain amount of posts to create a topic, etc. That feature will become useless to collab owners.

Also its not that visible when their are new post and when not. I use the 'Unread' module and its not fully working with GC.

I do not maintain that module. I can say however that the standard unread indicators all work in the stock templates shipped with the collab app. Maybe you can compare differences and edit the templates used in your other module.

Whats wrong here is that the avatar you see is NOT from the person who replied last.

The second red box is a link to a GC list (category) Here you just can see how many leagues there are and whats the last edited league, but NOT whats the last post. (which should be more handfull).

First part will be fixed in next release.

The second part is just a matter of practicality. Its going to cause big performance hits if every content item of every container of every app of every collab in every collab category is queried to find the latest post (with permissions) on every page load. I had to draw a line in the sand at the collab level resolution of latest post querying (with permission).

I'll have a look at the calendar issue you described.

I could add a category override setting for that. But beware that it will affect other features such as the settings on forums to require a certain amount of posts to create a topic, etc. That feature will become useless to collab owners.

This would be nice. We don't use the feature of certain amoun posts so this would be no problem if you implement this feature.

I do not maintain that module. I can say however that the standard unread indicators all work in the stock templates shipped with the collab app. Maybe you can compare differences and edit the templates used in your other module.

Could you gave an indication on what templates i have to look for this?

The second part is just a matter of practicality. Its going to cause big performance hits if every content item of every container of every app of every collab in every collab category is queried to find the latest post (with permissions) on every page load. I had to draw a line in the sand at the collab level resolution of latest post querying (with permission).

Ok I can understand that. But a feature to integrate the pages more in to the forum would be nice. (and positioning them where you want)

I'll have a look at the calendar issue you described.

Thnx!

The reaction of the maintainer of that module was:

"Hmm well... I don't know how that application is coded nor which templates is using. You'd have to modify the template used by the application to display that page."

First of all, love this product.   Good to let members just do their own thing and not have to worry about it (too much)

My question though is this and my apologies if I've been really stupid here or missed this

When I look to create a custom feed block in pages - I only see the forums created in the forum part of IPB.   However, the output results will show posts from forums within collaborations

Is there any way to;

1. Select the specific forums from with the collaborations I want to display in a feed
  2. If I can't pick which collaboration forums to display, can tagging be used to show which collaboration they come from?

Basically, I;d like to create a page for each in Pages to showcase a bit more about what each of them are for so site visitors may read them, become interested and join up.

Template: collab/front/components/nodeList

The $grid variable in the template can be adjusted to determine the threshold at which the display switches to grid view.

Sorry to be stupid, but what exactly should the setting be?

{{if $category->childrenCount() >= $grid}}

What should the setting be to not display a grid

You can control grid view on an app by app basis now from the collab category settings under the appropriate app tab.

Think I am going stupid, cant' find it anywhere - give me a hint please :)

Can't find it on the individual collabs or in the collabs setting in admin CP

Edited by KPDub

2. The current hooks could have option of displaying the Collaboration Images - again how it was in Social Groups,

Hello, following my previous suggestion I have made a quick Photoshop sketch indicating how I think the Collabs could be projected to the Main page of the suite. I think it could be a great refreshment to the main page and the block could drive good attention to the Collabs. If anyone knew how to make this hook, I would be really happy :)

groups.thumb.jpg.22a858fdfb82bdcc421bef7

Is there a way to make sure that custom blocks only appear on specified collabs

For example, I have 3 categories, with a few collabs in each

Now if I put a block in collab 1 that is in category 1, I want it to appear in only that one, but it appears in all of them

Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

In the ACP go to Collaboration > Categories.  Click on a Category and then go to the desires app tab.  Under "[App Name] Display Options" you'll see "Use Homepage Gridview."

Right. I went ACP-collaboration-categories-then click on a category....   then where is this desired apps tab??  I can't see this anywhere :cry:

( I doubt I should be looking for a desired apps tab so maybe we have a language challenge going on here OR Im just a total dummy)

Edited by kar3n2

Right. I went ACP-collaboration-categories-then click on a category....   then where is this desired apps tab??  I can't see this anywhere :cry:

( I doubt I should be looking for a desired apps tab so maybe we have a language challenge going on here OR Im just a total dummy)

Hello, I think this is what Chosen1 meant: (you need to click on Edit Category - via the pencil icon on the right side)

tabs.thumb.jpg.52cc9df893eb50d81ba0b0ab8

One more sketch suggesting of how the hook could potentially look like..(Loading the background of the collab + some basic info)

groups_2.thumb.jpg.9b57c1e9de2c99c745af5

Edited by svit