Group Collaboration

You may be making it more complicated than it needs be.

In the collaboration, the owner just has to give permission to "guests" to view/post/reply/etc. A guest is someone who is not an active member of the collab (i.e. everybody else on the site).

But doesn't that take away the right to for example "Ban" a member from posting in your group?

Also a suggestion...

Wouldn't it be good to be able to move a topic from the main forum to a forum in a group?
Now I have to create a category, move topics there and then move the whole category to a group.

I have uplaoded a Rule Set to the Marketplace that will allow you to do just this utilising Kevin's Rules application. It is just awaiting it to be approved. The rule will also notify the author and all followers of the thread that it has been moved.

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7662-move-topic-tofrom-collaboration/

Hello, I was wondering how the 'flag as collab model' works. Does it mean I can clone the settings for another collab? (thanks actually what I would need). I am able to set one as a model, but I cant see any way of how to 'read it' when setting up another collab.

Hello, I was wondering how the 'flag as collab model' works. Does it mean I can clone the settings for another collab? (thanks actually what I would need). I am able to set one as a model, but I cant see any way of how to 'read it' when setting up another collab.

If you set a collab as a model, then depending on the settings in your category, new collabs in that category will automatically be clones of the model, or the user will have an option to select a model to use for their new collaboration.

For example, if you have in your category settings that the "collab model" feature is enabled, and that new collabs must use a model, and you only have one model flagged, then the user will not see an option to select a model, the only one available will be used automatically. But if you have multiple models flagged, then when the collab is being created, the user will see an option to select the model that their collab will be cloned from.

new collabs in that category will automatically be clones of the model,

Can I ask what all attributes are inherited by this? is it the permissions, or custom member types? Or is it the presence of certain modules - e.g. forum/gallery/blog activated as part of the collab? (I was trying to experiment but didn't find the logic)

Can I ask what all attributes are inherited by this? is it the permissions, or custom member types? Or is it the presence of certain modules - e.g. forum/gallery/blog activated as part of the collab? (I was trying to experiment but didn't find the logic)

Any content containers (forums/categories/etc) will be replicated as will any roles and permissions. 

Hi @Kevin Carwile

Would it be possible within the front end (collab settings) for each collab to rename each of their application title individually.

So for instance if we activate Gallery - allow that collab to individually name the collab to something of their choosing

Capture.thumb.PNG.056bc71bb1eff9773313b1

What you can do is to create a single gallery category and put all other categories inside of it. Then the title of the root category will be used as the container, giving the flexibility to rename as appropriate.

Is there a way with this application to not allow collab leaders to change permissions and have that completely site admin controlled? I suspect if I implement this application, some of the core forum's discussion is going to go into groups. I don't want future content not being able to be seen by guests or indexed by search engines because of members setting restrictive permissions. I suspect a fair amount of people are going to want to give their members the ability to make groups and forums, but not allow them to decide just who gets to see and/or participate there.

I've been playing with the demo application and kudos on the development of it so far. It seems very well done.

Is there a way with this application to not allow collab leaders to change permissions and have that completely site admin controlled? I suspect if I implement this application, some of the core forum's discussion is going to go into groups. I don't want future content not being able to be seen by guests or indexed by search engines because of members setting restrictive permissions. I suspect a fair amount of people are going to want to give their members the ability to make groups and forums, but not allow them to decide just who gets to see and/or participate there.

Not currently. You're options are to either move the forum out of the collaboration if it doesn't belong under collaboration control, or to remove the leader which is not playing nicely and install a new leader. But there may be an opportunity to do something like that in a future release.

Not sure if anyone else would care for this or not, but let me know if would be possible to convert a PM conversation to a group?  Somehow, I managed to create a PM that is more than 15 people now and probably can grow more, it would be easier if this is a group.  Would it be a good feature for anyone else to be able to add an option in the PM that would create a group.  Or maybe create the group first and then in the PM, you can select the group you created and all the messages and people get transitioned into the group?

Just a thought, maybe a dumb one :)

Well the thought is more of a private group.  The PM notifications get broken up by who sent the the email, then possibly the PMs can start as a minor discussion and grow into something more.  It could be nice to create a private group and be able to just invite people in and get notifications all under one roof.  I agree, PM to public group not really going to happen, but PM to Private Group could definitely happen.

Is there any way to disable global ads in the collab app?

Maybe som "if" statement, that checks if content is located in a collab?

Or could a Custom data filed (Rules application - editable by admin or collab creator) be setup for certain collabs, which would disable the global ads?

Edited by surinp3

Is there a way to set up the model so that each new gc creates a single forum that can accept posts with the name of the gc?

From my testing it looks like I have to create a category and then a forum.   Is that correct, or is it possible to create a GC with just a single postable forum?