Group Collaboration

Would it be possible to use this without having to create a category? My collabs fall under just one category. Right now users have to go to collabs, then choose a category to see the list of groups.

​Unfortunately, you need to have a category to hold the collabs. Also, the category is where all the settings are stored for how the collab should behave (such as what apps are available to collab owners to use).

But I understand your need. I'll consider what I can do to make the category display by default when the navigation is clicked when the category is the only one.

Yes, I recently noticed that too. I was previously supressing that core IPS behavior via my own code, but they made a change in the latest version that undid it.

My next release will contain a fix for that.

BTW, there will also be another option included in my next release to apply collab restrictions to owners to prevent them from specific collab management abilities. I know you were eager to see that functionality added.

Yes, I recently noticed that too. I was previously supressing that core IPS behavior via my own code, but they made a change in the latest version that undid it.

My next release will contain a fix for that.

BTW, there will also be another option included in my next release to apply collab restrictions to owners to prevent them from specific collab management abilities. I know you were eager to see that functionality added.

That's fantastic - really appreciate that Kevin.

one practical issue as we are working through the configuration and the discussions is that whilst we can transfer a whole forum from the main ipb to collaboration, if we have a thread in the main forum that would be better in a collaboration for example, is there a way of moving that one thread?

thanks

PS - what's the timeframe in the next release please as a rough guide in terms of our planning as this is going to be key for us

Edited by Police Community
To request timeframe

Click your user name in top right of page and then click the link for collaboration memberships. You can transfer it from there.

Thanks

as admin do I get access to move all other members collaborations? Or would I need to login as that member and then move it?

Currently, you must log in as member.

Next release is ready to go. I'll package it and update the marketplace this evening.

​Thanks Kevin - sorry one last question for now as we are working through the configuration and the discussions is that whilst we can transfer a whole forum from the main ipb to collaboration, if we have a thread in the main forum that would be better in a collaboration for example, is there a way of moving that one thread?

​Thanks Kevin - sorry one last question for now as we are working through the configuration and the discussions is that whilst we can transfer a whole forum from the main ipb to collaboration, if we have a thread in the main forum that would be better in a collaboration for example, is there a way of moving that one thread?

​Well, you could move the forum out of the collab and then move the topic and then move the forum back into the collab if this is a relatively infrequent task you will need to be performing.

Otherwise, you could do some magic with my Rules App.

• Add a custom integer data field to Forums Topics, call it "Move Topic to Forum ID".
  • Make it "administrative" so admins can edit it on the topic form
  • Add a rule that is triggered when the custom data field is updated
  • Add a condition that checks if the value is greater than zero
  • Add an action that moves the topic to the new forum with the updated ID value
  • Add an action that resets the updated ID value back to zero

End Result:  move-topics-to-any-forum.xml

Topics will have a field called "Move Topic to Forum ID" that can be updated by administrators, and when an id is entered and the topic is saved, it will be moved to the forum with that ID. Rules are cool, eh?

​Well, you could move the forum out of the collab and then move the topic and then move the forum back into the collab if this is a relatively infrequent task you will need to be performing.

• Add a custom integer data field to Forums Topics, call it "Move Topic to Forum ID".

Topics will have a field called "Move Topic to Forum ID" that can be updated by administrators, and when an id is entered and the topic is saved, it will be moved to the forum with that ID. Rules are cool, eh?

Wow just WOW

I do hope some sort of rosters management would be added, kevin you truly created a master piece!! (there is no current rosters for ipb4) and having said that it would be nice to make things an all in one rather than using multiple add ons. This way management can be done cleaner. 

I see that you purchased the app and gave it a review. Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate it!

But you docked me a star because it isnt a roster management app also? Man, thats harsh.

Ive never claimed that it is a roster management app nor is it supposed to be. It is a collaborative app that allows you to designate apps (such as a roster management app) for collaborative use.

Its outside the scope of what GC does, and it is just impractical to make it more than that.

You want to use it for teams, someone else wants to use it for client project management, yet another person wants to use it for school groups. Should the guy who wants to use GC to help facilitate his collaboration with clients expect GC to manage his timesheets also?

I see that you purchased the app and gave it a review. Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate it!

But you docked me a star because it isnt a roster management app also? Man, thats harsh.

Ive never claimed that it is a roster management app nor is it supposed to be. It is a collaborative app that allows you to designate apps (such as a roster management app) for collaborative use.

Its outside the scope of what GC does, and it is just impractical to make it more than that.

You want to use it for teams, someone else wants to use it for client project management, yet another person wants to use it for school groups. Should the guy who wants to use GC to help facilitate his collaboration with clients expect GC to manage his timesheets also?

I do apologize that you got the message as that, in-fact reading my review ​I get where you're coming from and how you could've got the idea that I docked a start regarding that, but I docked it because it lacked features that were necessary at the time one didn't even exist. So I'm sorry if I offended you, but one of those features was being able to TOR the collab to another user, and now its added, but thats just one of many add-ons I'm sure you will release over time. Don't forget people should also be able to rename widgets.. There's plenty of admin features missing and different way's to monetize. But I'm patient enough to wait for. 

Now if I didn't like the product I wouldn't have purchased it, as I did test out the demo thoroughly. Yes I'd love to see the collab receive some sort of support for the gamer's who want to run a team with such a beautiful  system and I'm sure I'm not the only one out here. Yes you may deem it impractical but I will put my money down on the fact that more people running a community of the sort will start purchasing your product if you change the train of though you've got and speak to the masses. 

This product not only works for gamers, but other people running professional business's or better yet just running a forum board for whatever reason. But if you seclude a feature that would make your product grow, well now thats just dumb.

Currently as it sit's, its a work in progress, the product is great, but does it deserve a 5 star? Well not in my books it doesn't and thats because nothing is ever perfect. Perfect is a pretty bold word and it takes a product thats been out for a while to achieve that status. Think this way my friend, there's always room to grow, and if you can achieve it, then do it. But don't turn down ideas that are only there to help you, if you can't do it now, sit on it. But if its logically only going to make you grown, don't just shun it.

Again no I didn't give you a 4 star because you didn't add one simple feature, nor did I say or read anywhere that it brought that to the table. I was merely giving you my two cents, and its yours for the taking. I gave it a 4 star because it deserved a 4 star. If I was being harsh then it would receive less. But don't think that even if you added that feature you would've gotten a 5 star.

You will have to earn that 5 star.

Kind Regards,

Abdul Rahim

Edited by IdleHub

Hm, I'm rather surprised there's no roster management. Social Groups has one, and it's fairly simple. You can invite people, remove people, adjust their forum rank, and add different ranks (beyond Guest, Member, Moderator, Admin). We used this to great effect: we added ranks for the hierarchy of our groups and used this to create forums within groups that were accessible by e.g. just the officers within the group. You also get the tabbed interface for a membership list. This is all doable from the GroupCP with no ACP access.

Within collaborations there's always some sort of hierarchy - you generally need to give certain people more or less responsibility than others. Attaching a simple label to that, and driving things like forum badges and access permissions from that makes perfect sense to me in a very abstractable sense.

I've attached 3 screenshots of how rsyvarth's Social Groups solves this problem.

I thought Group Collaboration was basically a superset of rsyvarth's code. Does Group Collaboration not provide these features?

MWSnap 2015-04-29, 18_17_00.png

MWSnap 2015-04-29, 18_17_08.png

MWSnap 2015-04-29, 18_17_17.png

Edited by wohali

Thats member management, and yes, GC does that. Member permissions, roles, ranks, and invite system is all included.

I believe that the roster management request is in reference to building some sort of a tournament management system into GC.

But that would be a separate app with its own objectives and its own price point. 

​Again even if you want to separate the two yet make it an addition (Addon feature per say) I would be glad to pay the extra. As it tops of what is already a work in progress, something great. For most people, I'm sure would agree, we look for 1 tool that does the trick, not 10x tools that combine together to do the trick. Pretty much trying to sum up, that if you can improve and make 10x tools to 1 tool, then why not? If you want to make more money because its more work, then sure make it an addon for collabs. But if you want to drive sales (as your 75$ price point being steep as it is, remember currency exchange kills people from buying and the way the dollar is in canada were paying about 93$ taxes in.) grow on this project and add needed features.

GC is an app management system. By fundamental design it does not manage content. In other words, it is an app that manages other apps (and those apps manage the content).

What Im trying to explain is that in order to get your roster management features "added on" to your site running GC, an application must first be built to manage that roster content. GC would then in turn manage that app in collaborative mode.

So when I say that it would be a separate app, it actually needs to be separate app by mere necessity, not just because I want to make more money from it.

​Kevin

The field is administrative so will only show to people with moderator permissions and above I believe. Is there a way within that rule code to specify certain usergroup ID's so say group ID 4 and 20 for example?

Per-group badges was a customization I coded for rsyvarth's Social Groups. I'm working with Kevin in PMs to ensure his autoconversion of rsyvarth content will work for us. Once I'm sure it does, I am considering releasing an add-on mod for Group Collaboration. to give you per-group, per-rank forum badges. Would this be valuable to you? Here's a screenshot of this in action on our IPB3 rsyvarth Social Groups board:

MWSnap_2015-04-30,_14_46_38.thumb.png.8b

I will admit it's a bit "busy" but our community likes the "fruit salad" approach to badges.

Edited by wohali

Hi Kevin, I installed group-collaboration-1.1.3-demo, after create collab, I get the following error

IPS\Db\Exception Object
(
    [query] => SELECT id FROM `collab_roles` WHERE 1=0 OR ( collab_id=? AND ( member_default=1 OR owner_default=1 ) ) ORDER BY weight ASC
    [binds] => Array
        (
            [0] => 1
        )

[message:protected] => Unknown column 'member_default' in 'where clause'
    [string:Exception:private] => 
    [code:protected] => 1054

I thought it might caused by empty role settings, so I modify my role settings, however, it threw new error when I save the role

IPS\Db\Exception Object
(
    [query] => INSERT INTO `collab_roles` ( `weight`, `name`, `perms`, `collab_id`, `mod_perms`, `member_title`, `member_default`, `owner_default` ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )
    [binds] => Array
        (
            [0] => 1
            [1] => Member
            [2] => 
            [3] => 1
            [4] => a:20:{s:13:"can_pin_topic";b:1;s:15:"can_unpin_topic";b:1;s:17:"can_feature_topic";b:1;s:19:"can_unfeature_topic";b:1;s:14:"can_edit_topic";b:1;s:14:"can_hide_topic";b:1;s:16:"can_unhide_topic";b:1;s:21:"can_view_hidden_topic";b:1;s:14:"can_move_topic";b:1;s:14:"can_lock_topic";b:1;s:16:"can_unlock_topic";b:1;s:25:"can_reply_to_locked_topic";b:1;s:16:"can_delete_topic";b:1;s:21:"can_split_merge_topic";b:1;s:13:"can_edit_post";b:1;s:13:"can_hide_post";b:1;s:15:"can_unhide_post";b:1;s:20:"can_view_hidden_post";b:1;s:15:"can_delete_post";b:1;s:19:"can_read_all_topics";b:1;}
            [5] => 
            [6] => 1
            [7] => 
        )

[message:protected] => Unknown column 'member_default' in 'field list'
    [string:Exception:private] => 
    [code:protected] => 1054

Edit:

Seems like queries.json isn't parsed...no member_default or owner_default in collab_roles.

Edited by icedream