Group Collaboration

1 hour ago, JiigSaaw said:

Optimized for inline direct translation provided by IPB ? So we can translate this app for various co-existant languages on the same board ?

In my mind, app must provide 2 inputs as we can see on Admin CP when you jave 2 languages activated.

All the language strings used by the app are already stored in the language system for translation.

Inline translation is not possible in many cases because the app combines language strings from multiple sources into one through replacement patterns. The pattern itself is translatable, just not inline.

When a user send an request to enter in a collab, owner receive a notification, but after no element to remember that a user is awaiting. I suggest to add a badge on the "Management" menu and an ICON after the collab's name. What do you think of that ?

Members awaiting approval are also easily reviewable from the member management page. Another option is to use the rules app if you want to set up your own follow up "reminder" notifications.

Possibility to disable/enable collab's comments and/or reviews.

Configured from the collab category settings.

When transferring ownership, replace list field with an autocomplete text input, better in a collab with more than 1.000 users

I cant remember off the top of my head. Is the list at least alphabetized?

2 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Another option is to use the rules app if you want to set up your own follow up "reminder" notifications.

Yes, but it will be not a function integrated in your app, and we need to buy another app to add (which it's not usefull for us, and will degrade performance)

2 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

I cant remember off the top of my head. Is the list at least alphabetized?

I think, but problem stay, a collab with +1.000 users, it will be not easy with a mega list.

Thanks for your time ;)

PS: with your latest version (1.3.0-demo), the fatal error is present again:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\collab\Category::$urlBase in /home/jigsaw/public_html/my.website.fr/system/Node/Model.php on line 483

When i want to see member's profiles or use discover :)

6 hours ago, JiigSaaw said:

Another trouble thing is when you disable app, so many forums & subforums appears on index page. It's not better to hide them ? By settings permissions on disabling ?

Thanks you ;)

"Standard" IPS permissions are controlled by the permissions matrix in the collab category settings. One change there will systematically update the permissions on all forums/etc inside collabs in that category.

Simply make a quick change there before disabling the app.

2 hours ago, Pinto said:

tring to add or edit a collab catergory throws this error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/Lang/Lang.php on line 1566

You may want to adjust some settings on your server so that scripts arent prematurely halted after 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, Chosen1 said:

Is there a way to change the default sort order for a collab category?

Not currently, but that seems like an appropriate setting to place in collab category settings.

Hello.

That is a 3rd-party app, and you'll need to contact its author for assistance in fixing the issues it has caused. We cannot assist with problems caused by the use of 3rd-party apps as it's outside the scope of our support. We've had a number of tickets about that app and the problems it has caused, and it's something the author needs to fix.

Thank you.

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc.

15 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

Just curious, why would doing something as (seemingly) simple as adding a category result in a script execution time like that?

From IPS regarding the script execution time

Hello.

That is a 3rd-party app, and you'll need to contact its author for assistance in fixing the issues it has caused. We cannot assist with problems caused by the use of 3rd-party apps as it's outside the scope of our support. We've had a number of tickets about that app and the problems it has caused, and it's something the author needs to fix.

Thank you.

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc.

I agree, it should not take longer than 30 seconds to save a category. In fact, it should not take longer than a couple of seconds max.

Does anybody not using IPS Hosting have these issues?

Unfortunately, I have found that IPS Hosting is a shared server environment that does not meet certain requirements for the GC app. It is configured specifically to meets the needs of IPS core, which is great, but as soon as you step outside of those operating parameters then it becomes problematic and rigid.

For example, the category configuration form for GC typically contains more form elements than the configuration of IPS servers will allow to be submitted at one time. Most servers support this without a configuration change, but occasionally a server will have its limits set too low for GC. 

Usually you can make the configuration change yourself or ask your host to loosen things up which will solve many problems. IPS cloud community however is not one of those where the configuration can be customized.

Because of this, I'm not sure what can really be done to rectify the problem.

With that said, if you want to go ahead and PM me with details for your site, l'll have a look at it to see if there is anything I can do.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carwile said:

I agree, it should not take longer than 30 seconds to save a category. In fact, it should not take longer than a couple of seconds max.

Does anybody not using IPS Hosting have these issues?

Unfortunately, I have found that IPS Hosting is a shared server environment that does not meet certain requirements for the GC app. It is configured specifically to meets the needs of IPS core, which is great, but as soon as you step outside of those operating parameters then it becomes problematic and rigid.

For example, the category configuration form for GC typically contains more form elements than the configuration of IPS servers will allow to be submitted at one time. Most servers support this without a configuration change, but occasionally a server will have its limits set too low for GC. 

Usually you can make the configuration change yourself or ask your host to loosen things up which will solve many problems. IPS cloud community however is not one of those where the configuration can be customized.

Because of this, I'm not sure what can really be done to rectify the problem.

With that said, if you want to go ahead and PM me with details for your site, l'll have a look at it to see if there is anything I can do.

There is nothing wrong with our hosting, and it's not a typical shared setup by far, however I will note your app here is the #1 source of tickets since 4.0 was released.

Please don't try and pass the buck here to our hosting being an issue when it's not. I believe the 469 replies here to this topic back that up as well.

16 hours ago, Rhett said:

it's not a typical shared setup by far

I believe that was my point. 

I will note your app here is the #1 source of tickets since 4.0 was released.

This is the first I've heard of that. I've personally submitted a hundred or more bug reports for IPS4 over the past year helping IPS get problems fixed. If you've found any particular problem with my app, I would appreciate if you would communicate that with me instead of quietly pointing fingers and leaving me in the dark.

There is nothing wrong with our hosting...

Please don't try and pass the buck here to our hosting being an issue when it's not.

There is nothing "wrong" with your hosting. I'm not trying to attack your service (although some frustration probably was apparent in my words). It just doesnt seem to be a good fit for GC.

When a client can't get their php max_input_vars configuration changed to support their application, that doesnt make a bad host. It's just not very flexible. Thats all I'm saying.

Is there a way to allow a site (IPS) Administrator to edit all Collabs directly - without having to log in as the collab's owner, or manually being assigned an admin role in all Collabs? I need to make a bunch of edits to Roles in different Collabs, and am facing having to log in as a bunch of different people.

Edited by wohali
12 minutes ago, wohali said:

Is there a way to allow a site (IPS) Administrator to edit all Collabs directly - without having to log in as the collab's owner, or manually being assigned an admin role in all Collabs? I need to make a bunch of edits to Roles in different Collabs, and am facing having to log in as a bunch of different people.

There is a setting in moderator permissions in ACP under the collab tab to bypass collab permissions. Make sure that is turned on for the administrators group.