Group Collaboration

13 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

This was a first install after upgrade from 348. I had social groups before. So I should upgrade social group with gc?

How could it be first install if the GC app is already installed?

Regardless, once GC is installed, you can import your old social groups data using the "Import Tools" feature in the GC ACP menu.

I had this problem too. Seems that IPS4 thinks rsyvarth's Social Groups and Kevin Carwile's Group Collaboration share the same application ID.

You can install GC as an upgrade to rsyvarth's Social Groups when converting from 3.x and it works fine, Kjell. Just use the dropdown next to the inactive "groups" app and pick Upgrade, then upload the tarball when prompted.

Edited by wohali
20 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

How could it be first install if the GC app is already installed?

Regardless, once GC is installed, you can import your old social groups data using the "Import Tools" feature in the GC ACP menu.

There might be a language problem here. Anyway.

• I upgraded my site from 3.4.8. to 4.0.13. 
  • I downloaded this app and installed it and got the message as shown above and I need some help with that. 

1 hour ago, wohali said:

I had this problem too. Seems that IPS4 thinks rsyvarth's Social Groups and Kevin Carwile's Group Collaboration share the same application ID.

You can install GC as an upgrade to rsyvarth's Social Groups when converting from 3.x and it works fine, Kjell. Just use the dropdown next to the inactive "groups" app and pick Upgrade, then upload the tarball when prompted.

Thanks helping me out @wohali

I'm kind of confused because I have this app here now - when I try to enable my forum crashes.

561ab4acc12ac_Utennavn.thumb.png.a60246a

I have this one further down on the same page.

561ab507dee86_Utennavn2.thumb.png.b18b21

Strange. I seem to recall I had to use the upgrade button on the "groups" app to install the collab app, but I could be mistaken, it's been more than a month ago. I had a lot of apps I had to upgrade from 3.4.8, and at least a few of them required using the Upgrade button next to the app instead of the Install button.

Have you tried uninstalling the collaboration app and reinstalling it via the upgrade button?

__app_collab suggests to me a translation issue, is your ACP in English?

I won't stand in for Kevin, but can you post the crash info that happens when you enable it? You're not running in developer mode, are you?

Kevin,

Trying the demo out on 4.0 before I purchase.  I had groups before on 3.4, but was wondering when trying to import that it keeps stating its migrating and I get an error elese where in Admin. Could it be because the limit of auth groups allowed in demo mode? I also changed th limit in php to 5000. I then have to go to my CP and delete the module to regain control of my IPS admin panel.

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/themotorpool/domains/dev.themotorpool.org/public_html/applications/collab/modules/admin/collab/socialgroups.php on line 202

Ben

On 10/16/2015, 1:58:38, GzMasters said:

Hey Kevin,

I was wondering why my number of posts are different in group collaboration? 
And can i make it same number of posts in general forums?

Post counts are kept separate within the collab context so that features that rely on post count (such as forums) will still work inside of collabs.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Post counts are kept separate within the collab context so that features that rely on post count (such as forums) will still work inside of collabs.

Is there any way i could fix it? To make the number of posts public in all the forum like writing some code in css or something.

On 10/6/2015, 1:23:55, Kevin Carwile said:

Whats the issue again? Specifically.

You put it in the bug fix and I believe they changed it from pending to 4.1

Everytime I enable it the forums crash. I've spent hours working around this and finally gave up because of performance issues (speed) and the forums crashing.

8 hours ago, GzMasters said:

Is there any way i could fix it? To make the number of posts public in all the forum like writing some code in css or something.

Definitely not any fixes that can be done with css. It's a php code level modification. From the sound of it, I may be needing to release another version of GC soon. After that is released, you will be able to update any of your theme templates where appropriate and use the {$member->site_posts} tag to always see the total site posts.