Hide Links & Code

Tom Irons

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Hulu! I've installed the Cloak 1.0.16 (10016) on my community and it display this error when I try to edit the settings in ACP. My Community version is 4.0.13.1 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(766) : eval()'d code on line 9

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(766) : eval()'d code:9)' in /home/xxx/public_html/init.php:522 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/xxx/publ...', 522, Array) #1 /home/xxx/public_html/init.php(522): header('HTTP/1.1 500 In...') #2 /home/xxx/public_html/init.php(501): IPS\IPS::genericExceptionPage() #3 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(ErrorException)) #4 {main} thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/init.php on line 522

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2016-01-11_101749.thumb.jpg.2e32a8b9c474

<span class="cloak_no_login"><i class="fa fa-info-circle"></i> Это скрытый контент. Чтобы увидеть его <a href='/register/' data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Быстрая регистрация на сайте">зарегистрируйтесь</a> или <a href='/login/' data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Быстрый вход на сайт">войдите на сайт</a></span>

Hi,

Was that in a

6 hours ago, vinegredz said:

2016-01-11_101749.thumb.jpg.2e32a8b9c474

<span class="cloak_no_login"><i class="fa fa-info-circle"></i> Это скрытый контент. Чтобы увидеть его <a href='/register/' data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Быстрая регистрация на сайте">зарегистрируйтесь</a> или <a href='/login/' data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Быстрый вход на сайт">войдите на сайт</a></span>

Hi,

Was that post in answer to my question? as I tried the code and it partially worked, but guests can still view the image by clicking the first part of the url.

As I am unable to read Russian, I am not sure if i need to edit part of it

Thanks

I changed it using google translate but the images are still accessible

<span class = "cloak_no_login"> <i class = "fa fa-info-circle"> </ i> This is a hidden content . To see him <a href='/register/' data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Bystraya registration for sayte"> register </a> or <a href = '/ login /' data-ipsdialog = "" data-ipsdialog-size = "medium" data-ipsdialog-title = " Quick Sign in "> sign </a> </ span>

bump - we could really do with using this if it can work as we just had the following response from invision support ref images

If we cannot get this working - our forum will die as members do not want guests to view their uploads.

"Hello,

The way that post data is stored has changed in IPS4. When you attach an image, it is added to the post as a plain image so there is no way to intercept it and remove it if you do not have download permission enabled. Download permissions really only apply to non-image files that are uploaded.

I would recommend that your members add the images into a word document or PDF file so that guests can not download them for now, or use the Gallery application to better control permissions and allow your members to create their own albums inside that.

I have opened up a development discussion with our team on how we can improve this functionality in the future.

Kind Regards,

Matt Mecham
Invision Power Services, Inc."

11 hours ago, Hulu said:

I'm working on this issue, but when I fix it, another issue arises and it won't hide normal images.

We can't get it working with images - we get the url next to the button and guest can click and see the full size images.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7.04.2016 at 7:46 AM, Tom Irons said:

How would that affect the post content?

when I choose to block only links placed in the middle of text it cuts rest of post content just after inline block message. checked redis and memcached and issue exists on both.  think hat is related to nginx web server. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I desperately need help with this. At some point Cloak stopped working properly and it performs a critical feature on my forum. I narrowed down the issue to this:

• Cloak no longer removes nor hides all images that have been inserted into posts.

It properly hides attachments, but it doesn't hide images that are uploaded as attachments and then inserted into posts. Previously, all I had to do was select "hide attachments" and it worked perfectly, i think that something broke after some of the recent updates. I need this to be fixed as my forum relies heavily on this feature. Thank You. I am willing to pay for your help.

1 hour ago, ProSkill said:

I desperately need help with this. At some point Cloak stopped working properly and it performs a critical feature on my forum. I narrowed down the issue to this:

• Cloak no longer removes nor hides all images that have been inserted into posts.

It properly hides attachments, but it doesn't hide images that are uploaded as attachments and then inserted into posts. Previously, all I had to do was select "hide attachments" and it worked perfectly, i think that something broke after some of the recent updates. I need this to be fixed as my forum relies heavily on this feature. Thank You. I am willing to pay for your help.

+1

20 hours ago, ProSkill said:

Thank you for letting me know about this, I'll take a look at this issue between now and the end of this weekend.

Archived