Easy Pages

3 minutes ago, island55 said:

Ryan, I bought this application previously and was wondering if it's possible to get the renew price rather than the full price again? I can PM details about purchase or screenshot of my orders for proof if needed?

Did you buy the 3.x or 4.x version? If you bought the 4.x version and it expired, I'll just generate a purchase for you (no cost). If you bought 3.x, upgrading is full price.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /usr/www/mh/public/applications/easypages/Application.php(44) : eval()'d code on line 2

im trying to use live game server to show a list of our community servers on its own page - the backend work is done, the server list page can be view if the direct url points to the serverlist.php however i cannot incorperate the code from serverlist.php into easy pages to get the list of servers to show up in its own page? i get the error above

Update:

nevermind, i had php enabled and was entering in the html head, code stuff at the top of the serverlist.php file - once removed and only added the php code for the actual server list it appears to work properly

Edited by island55

i installed your easy pages then the shipped chat with the 5 person limit. with both enabled i click on the "chat" link in the header and it says it cannot be displayed, after uninstalled easy pages it works as intended. im assuming easy pages thinks its an invalid page. because when i create a page with the url "servers" it creates 2 urls that can access that page, .com/servers and .com/pages/servers and with the chat enabled it creates .com/chat - which is an invalid page according to easy pages

im also running 4.1.16.1

Update:

ah hell i dont know.. after reinstalled easy pages it works as intended.. sorry man  :(

Edited by island55
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2016 at 4:44 PM, Ryan H. said:

Okay. Are you planning to upgrade in the future? You'll probably have the same issue then if so.

Yes, I would like to upgrade. Waiting for your fix first though.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:44 PM, Ryan H. said:

Okay. Are you planning to upgrade in the future? You'll probably have the same issue then if so.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:28 PM, BRK Greg said:

I don't have any fix beyond what I already explained. If you upgrade again, you'll just need to modify the easypages FURL templates as I described.

For that explanation, see this and the two posts following it. If you have any questions or confusion, ask.

On 12/20/2016 at 5:53 PM, Ryan H. said:

I don't have any fix beyond what I already explained. If you upgrade again, you'll just need to modify the easypages FURL templates as I described.

For that explanation, see this and the two posts following it. If you have any questions or confusion, ask.

Does that change only the URL's of pages created in Easy Pages or for all pages on the site? Also, where exactly does one change FURL template?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lebofly said:

Is there anyway to make changes to how pages look by default if using the forum theme? For example making the content we add sit onto of a css container (By default)

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

You can make pages look any way you want, but you'll have to use the appropriate HTML/CSS/classes to do so. You can use the forum wrapper or not, based on the page settings.

Just now, Ryan H. said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.

You can make pages look any way you want, but you'll have to use the appropriate HTML/CSS/classes to do so. You can use the forum wrapper or not, based on the page settings.

Here's an example, this is a new page using the forums theme and just text.

eeDoCzD.png

But if I add this code

<article class="ipsBox ipsSpacer_top">
</article>

it gives us the background box - Is there a way to have the code above show by default with pages using the forums theme. (As seen below)

fxdmZLy.png

12 hours ago, Lebofly said:

Here's an example, this is a new page using the forums theme and just text.

eeDoCzD.png

But if I add this code

<article class="ipsBox ipsSpacer_top">
</article>

it gives us the background box - Is there a way to have the code above show by default with pages using the forums theme. (As seen below)

fxdmZLy.png

No, you'll have to add it each time.

17 hours ago, Lebofly said:

Any chance for a refund then? Considering the $5 one I own does that

This probably isn't sufficient grounds for a refund, but you're welcome to take that up with IPS. They're out of my control. marketplace@invisionpower.com

An alternative approach would be to create blocks for your pages' header and footer, and then add those blocks above and below each page you create. You could put any content or HTML you want in those blocks, including those starting and ending tags. Either way, this app is about giving you the power and flexibility to do whatever you want -- that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be easy. Your specific issue seems like more a result of your theme to me, but I'm not going to argue the point.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:25 AM, Ryan H. said:

This probably isn't sufficient grounds for a refund, but you're welcome to take that up with IPS. They're out of my control. marketplace@invisionpower.com

An alternative approach would be to create blocks for your pages' header and footer, and then add those blocks above and below each page you create. You could put any content or HTML you want in those blocks, including those starting and ending tags. Either way, this app is about giving you the power and flexibility to do whatever you want -- that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be easy. Your specific issue seems like more a result of your theme to me, but I'm not going to argue the point.

Yeah fair enough, I was over-reacting. Although blocks don't seem to be working for me, I'll test them again and let you know

• 2 weeks later...

I should not have to be doing extra things to make your app work. Especially when extra things includes guesswork due to lack of proper instructions. It's been a great app over time and it's ingrained into our website at this point. Until now, we have been able to simply download the latest version of the app and install it as needed. 

27 minutes ago, BRK Greg said:

I should not have to be doing extra things to make your app work. Especially when extra things includes guesswork due to lack of proper instructions. It's been a great app over time and it's ingrained into our website at this point. Until now, we have been able to simply download the latest version of the app and install it as needed. 

I understand the frustration. I'm frustrated too that something that worked perfectly for two years in IPS now not only doesn't work, but has no practical alternative way of being done. I contacted IPS about it and was told I'm on my own. If this were a bug that's easily and properly fixed, I would have done it when the issue was first raised.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Dave58 said:

Just a fundamental noob question regards including a block on a PHP enabled page in Easy Pages (or elsewhere). I cant seem to find any reference.

I just made a block (PHP) with a URL Key = 'dnames'.

So how do I include it?

:) Not a stupid question. I'm not sure if that's actually ... documented.

{parse static_block="dnames"}