Easy Pages

Thinking about buying this, but i was wondering is it possible to create a comments section (similar to how IP. Pages does with its databases) but on a static page with this, if so how?

Thanks.

​Not easily, no. That might be something I can explore, but there's nothing built into the app for supporting IPS's comments feature at this point.

​Not easily, no. That might be something I can explore, but there's nothing built into the app for supporting IPS's comments feature at this point.

​If you could do that, you'd be able to offer something IP.Pages can't easily do, I just got through asking IPS about it for IP.Pages and they said it couldn't be done easily and because it was classified as a customization, they wouldn't / couldn't help me accomplish it. So if you would, look into adding that feature, if it had it, it would make it worth it to me to buy it, since I already have IP.Pages which can do alot and is quite powerful but  lacks any actual documentation, and makes things more complicated than it needs to be, something like your application here would come in handy, if it made things such as that, easy to do.

Edited by excalibur300
  • 2 months later...

Hey Ryan.

Is this only gonna be a one time payment? or are you planning on adding renewal fees?

What's shown is what it is. Even if I did add renewal down the line (which I have no intention of doing), that wouldn't affect you if you bought it beforehand.

I do not know if you have anyone else who gets this error when they try to copy a page.

EX1062 Something went wrong. Please try again.

I am testing on a Windows server so I do not think this is directory permissions.

I'll look into that, thanks. Could be a general problem. If I can't reproduce it myself, I'll contact you for a copy of your error logs. What version of IPS?

I'll look into that, thanks. Could be a general problem. If I can't reproduce it myself, I'll contact you for a copy of your error logs. What version of IPS?

IPS 4.0.11

Also, any issues using this with IP.Content (Pages)?
I am seeing some strange stuff - non-reproducible perhaps cache related.

Resolved via PM.

For anyone else trying to use Easy Pages and IP.Content together, you'll probably run into an FURL conflict. It has to be fixed manually. Here's how:

1. Go to: ACP > Advanced Configuration > Friendly URLs
  2. Search 'pages'.
  3. Two results will be for Easy Pages. They will both have 'app=easypages' in the 'Real URL'.
  4. Most likely, two or more of the friendly urls share the same pattern. Pick one of the apps to change, edit each entry for that app, and change 'pages' to something else in the friendly URL.
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of issues with our install on IPS 4. Note: the install restored all of our pages from 3.4.x as expected, which was GREAT!

When in our Admin Control Panel, going to Members - Staff - Moderators. Clicking on Edit for any moderator or moderator group throws up the following error message:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\easypages\Page::$firstCommentRequired in /home/bayour8/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModeratorPermissions/ContentGenerator.php on line 96

Would like to know how to resolve.

Second issue:

When editing or creating a page and using an image hosted on our server, it replaces the URL with https://invisioncommunity.com when the page is saved. Then the image does not work on the page. Any thoughts on this?

A couple of issues with our install on IPS 4. Note: the install restored all of our pages from 3.4.x as expected, which was GREAT!

When in our Admin Control Panel, going to Members - Staff - Moderators. Clicking on Edit for any moderator or moderator group throws up the following error message:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\easypages\Page::$firstCommentRequired in /home/bayour8/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModeratorPermissions/ContentGenerator.php on line 96

Would like to know how to resolve.

You can fix that with a little file edit, if you care to. I'll include this with the next update.

Edit: applications/easypages/sources/Page/Page.php

Right near the top, after:

public static $databaseTable	= 'easypages_pages';
	public static $databasePrefix	= 'page_';
	public static $databaseColumnId	= 'id';
	public static $includeInSitemap	= FALSE;

Add:

public static $firstCommentRequired	= FALSE;

Then save. That'll fix it.

Second issue:

When editing or creating a page and using an image hosted on our server, it replaces the URL with https://invisioncommunity.com when the page is saved. Then the image does not work on the page. Any thoughts on this?

Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Most likely I'm missing something to parse that when outputting. I'll figure it out and get back to you in a few days.

You can fix that with a little file edit, if you care to. I'll include this with the next update.

Edit: applications/easypages/sources/Page/Page.php

Right near the top, after:

public static $databaseTable	= 'easypages_pages';
	public static $databasePrefix	= 'page_';
	public static $databaseColumnId	= 'id';
	public static $includeInSitemap	= FALSE;

Add:

public static $firstCommentRequired	= FALSE;

Then save. That'll fix it.

Disregard, worked

Edited by BRK Greg

That breaks our site and causes all pages (even forums, new content, etc) to throw up the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NAMESPACE in /home/bayour8/public_html/applications/easypages/sources/Page/Page.php on line 1

Then you changed something else in the process...

okay, well, if you PM me your site URL and FTP access, I'll see about fixing the error.

Second issue:

I just uploaded a new version that should fix both of these issues. Thanks for the report.

What's New in Version 2.0.2

• Fixed error on mod permissions page.
  • Fixed page cache not clearing on save.
  • Fixed attachment URLs not being processed correctly in some cases.

I am trying to write out POST data through easy pages, I can connect successfully to the database and insert dummy data by hand.  I get an Error code 2E102/1 when I try to write out the php $_POST data.  The logs tell me the easypages page I created can not find the .php file I am trying to use to write my data.

Is there a special way to call a catch page from a form in easypages?

It appears that EasyPages is looking for my 'placeAd.php' in a specific directory (/pages/classifieds/).

I created that directory structure and gave it the proper rights, and now, instead of loading my easypages page, it gives me a directory listing.

Resolved via PM.

For anyone else trying to use Easy Pages and IP.Content together, you'll probably run into an FURL conflict. It has to be fixed manually. Here's how:

1. Go to: ACP > Advanced Configuration > Friendly URLs
  2. Search 'pages'.
  3. Two results will be for Easy Pages. They will both have 'app=easypages' in the 'Real URL'.
  4. Most likely, two or more of the friendly urls share the same pattern. Pick one of the apps to change, edit each entry for that app, and change 'pages' to something else in the friendly URL.

This appears to have worked for this problem also.  But it is not finding my placeAd.php file.  

After building the directory structure easypages is looking for, I am not getting my page, I am getting a directory of my webserver.   Any ideas?

Edited by wmarcy

I am trying to write out POST data through easy pages, I can connect successfully to the database and insert dummy data by hand.  I get an Error code 2E102/1 when I try to write out the php $_POST data.  The logs tell me the easypages page I created can not find the .php file I am trying to use to write my data.

Is there a special way to call a catch page from a form in easypages?

It appears that EasyPages is looking for my 'placeAd.php' in a specific directory (/pages/classifieds/).

I created that directory structure and gave it the proper rights, and now, instead of loading my easypages page, it gives me a directory listing.

After building the directory structure easypages is looking for, I am not getting my page, I am getting a directory of my webserver.   Any ideas?

Interesting. The directory index would be because you created a folder corresponding to the request URL, and htaccess says 'only rewrite files/folders that don't exist' (!-d), and your server evidently has directory indexes enabled (usually a bad idea).

Regardless, I'm guessing you're using a relative include path, something like include('placeAd.php'). I wouldn't expect PHP/IPS to look in the request "folder" in that case, but it sounds like that's what is happening. Try using an absolute path instead: include( \IPS\ROOT_PATH . '\placeAd.php' ) would tell it to look for placeAd.php in your site's base folder.

Alternatively, you could point the form to a new Easy Pages page just for handling the form data, rather than using the include.

I just uploaded a new version that should fix both of these issues. Thanks for the report.

What's New in Version 2.0.2

• Fixed error on mod permissions page.
  • Fixed page cache not clearing on save.
  • Fixed attachment URLs not being processed correctly in some cases.

Just wanted to stop by and say than you for quickly resolving those issues. Downloaded the update as soon as you released it and it worked like a charm. Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

Hi, after upgrading our forum and installing Easy Pages. We were receiving an (Task Locking Error).  I contacted IPS support for their help. Upon their investigation, they found that Easy Pages was the culprit.

Their reply was:

Hello,
This appears to be due to the Easy Pages add-on you have installed. If I enable error display via the constants.php file (I have since disabled it), I get the following when attempting to run the processes.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\easypages\Page::memberPostCount() in /chroot/home/****/****.com/html/community/system/Member/Member.php on line 2734

I would recommend contacting the author of this application for assistance with this issue. 

Regards,
Ryan Ashbrook
Invision Power Services, Inc.

I have since uninstalled Easy Pages for the task to run properly. What can we do to get Easy Pages fixed so we can re-install it?

Thanks, Michael

46 minutes ago, Michael Lachney said:

Hi, after upgrading our forum and installing Easy Pages. We were receiving an (Task Locking Error).  I contacted IPS support for their help. Upon their investigation, they found that Easy Pages was the culprit.

Their reply was:
I have since uninstalled Easy Pages for the task to run properly. What can we do to get Easy Pages fixed so we can re-install it?

Thanks, Michael

I'll look into it. Probably nothing you can do from your end.

Hi there.  I recently purchased your Easy Pages, the newer version for IPS 4.x.  I attempted to follow your instructions, including looking at the examples provided on the purchase page, but those were apparently insufficient for me.  I'm not seeing any additional instructions included with the package itself?

But meanwhile, why I purchased it, I would very much like to create a copy of each member's profile, on a new page (an easy page), then allow them access to that when logged in.  I could go into lengthy detail as to why, but I don't imagine that's interesting to anyone else, so I won't.  Just briefly, I want to display some additional fields I'm going to add to the profiles but on an additional page, this does have a legitimate use for me.

HOWEVER, whenever I attempt that, the format renders (I did select place within theme), but all the text is just the php code itself, as if it were typed as text.  

OR, if I had the settings various other ways, the URL doesn't load anything at all, blank page.  I guess you could call that an error.

I've experimented with the settings, I obviously could still be getting those wrong, but I either get the thing I just described (the php code renders just as text, doesn't execute anything) or nothing happens, blank page.

Could you just explain to me the way I would go about this?  I have a feeling I'm just trying to go about this in some wrongheaded way, and if you provided an at least brief explanation of how I'd go about this, I imagine I could get this done about 5000% more quickly.

Thanks!