Backup solutions

​Ignore him Astrapi 

He seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder as we would say in england......​

@Cloud 9 ok no problem with me at all as i never get angry :) No reason for it :)

​The only thing I care about is providing people with accurate and reliable advice, which you are trying to argue against and at the same time push someone into purchasing one of your servers to use as their backup solution. We could continue this discussion and I could continue trying to explain to you why your dedicated server is not as reliable or as cost effective for a primary backup solution as S3 is, but I don't think the conversation would go anywhere at this point.

​The only thing I care about is providing people with accurate and reliable advice, which you are trying to argue against and at the same time push someone into purchasing one of your servers to use as their backup solution. We would continue this discussion and I could continue trying to explain to you why your dedicated server is not a highly reliable or cost effective primary backup solution, but I don't think the conversation would go anywhere at this point.

My last point to clarify as Im not sure if this was aimed at me as it was a joint quoted post....

I NEVER pushed anyone to purchase any of my backup solutions (I don't sell them, they are just for me ! ) in this thread or any other, I also don't have a dedicated server as a backup solution - so you can explain all you like as to why a dedicated server is highly unreliable - but i haven't got one of these for backups so your kind of barking up the wrong tree here...

Night Night as my mum would say.....

@Cloud 9 the comment about servers i think is for me and not for you :)

Ok but you can understand that if two people have different opinions both they thing that they have right :)

So what you think accurate and reliable for someone else it may be not.

About purchasing one of my servers as you say i just quote my answer from my previous post:

That's totaly wrong !!!! I just say my opinion. I am not affiliate with any server providers and the one that i recommend is from soyoustart that they do not have resellers plan anyway.Also all users from IPB can tell you that i never did what you say...

Also i recommend my opinion to the user and that's it for me as i will not repeat it...

Again, I do appreciate all your input and your disagreements are feeding my knowledge :)

I have actually had a server from soyoustart and thought they were one of the more reliable hosts as they are owned and operated by OVH. I did look at them for this backup system but they were a bit pricey.

The thing that makes me not sure with services such as Amazon are that they seem to require you to do full backups rather than incremental - do you know of a way to do incremental with Amazon or other services like that?

Thanks

FWIW - I only run a single small forum and my backup is this:

• default host backup
  • my own daily, weekly and monthly rsync to my dev server

My dev server is with a totally different host in a different city and that box also gets backed up by the provider.

Again, I do appreciate all your input and your disagreements are feeding my knowledge :)

I have actually had a server from soyoustart and thought they were one of the more reliable hosts as they are owned and operated by OVH. I did look at them for this backup system but they were a bit pricey.

The thing that makes me not sure with services such as Amazon are that they seem to require you to do full backups rather than incremental - do you know of a way to do incremental with Amazon or other services like that?

Thanks

Google Duplicity Incremental Amazon backups

Archived