recommendation for upgrading

darkidan

hello, i have a recommendation for you, most of the people who will use IPB 4.0 will have to upgrade their systems, and the main problem will be the mods and hooks.

what i recommend is that in the upgrader itself you will either have a button to stop all the hooks or a messege for the users to disable the hooks.

that way you will have less bugs and reports and the upgrade will work better and maybe faster.

No hooks from previous versions will work on IPS 4, so all hooks on IPS 3 installations should already be automatically disabled by the upgrade process to IPS 4. If it doesn't look like this is the case, then I would file a bug for it. Delegating this task or choice to the admin that does the upgrades would just create unnecessary hurdles for them to overcome.

TSP - if you can- please do it, i don't know how the upgrade works, so if you can post about it - it will be better.

Kirito - i know, but i don't know how the upgrade happens, if it deletes it or disable it or it doesn't do a thing.. i too think they should remove it, but it is easier to disable it.

Dorian Gray - that is what we need to know, i am still waiting for an answer from the IPS Team..

Archived